4 #

It was now the night of the full moon and the anticipation of my shift tonight was starting to kick in. I could shift whenever I wanted but shifting on a full moon always felt different, more freeing I suppose. Plus there was other wolves in the area and it always felt amazing to shift with others.

I was currently sitting in the grill with Alaric having lunch upon Jenna's insistence. Apparently according to her it was a 'necessity' that I get along with and approve of her boyfriend. Honestly I think the only reason why she wanted my approval was because I was a year older then her (A/N I know they are both 25 but for the sake of the story Jenna is now 24) therefore making me the eldest gilbert. 

I knew her and Alaric were a good couple especially now that there aren't any secrets between the two. Although that didn't make Alaric any less of an awkward person, he really wasn't one for a conversation. That only being proven by the amusing display of him stuttering over his words and him playing with his glass of bourbon. 

"Ric you don't need to try and force a conversation. I know your not much of a talker and I don't mind the silence" I smile as he relaxes in his seat only to tense again when a blonde walks in asking Matt about Mason. By the smell I can tell she's a wolf and I can feel my wolf side, Athena, start getting giddy and pouncing around in the back of my mind. "Ric this was a great lunch maybe next time we just get a quick drink, but for now I have to go" gaining a simple nod and a relieved 'thank you' in return making me ruffle his hair, amused a just how socially awkward he was. I quickly join the blonde at the bar letting my wolf scent free so she would know. I had placed an order to go when I had arrived so I could collect it now. 

"I'm Stella, quick question where are you and your pack shifting tonight? I would like to join, its been a while since I've shifted with others" I keep my voice quiet so no one will over hear. She looks me up and down and takes in my scent before smiling "Jules, give me your phone." I hand her my phone and watch as she types in her number and texts herself the location so I have the details. I thank her and we share our goodbyes. I garb the to-go bag and leave waving to Alaric as I go. 

Pulling up to the edge of the woods I park my car and grab the food and my bag before heading to the tomb under the church where Kathrine and Stefan were currently trapped. Reaching them I knock on the stone wall mockingly.  "Anybody home, I come baring gifts" a few seconds later they both appear. "Stella? What are you doing here?" Stefan asks me as he moves to stand between me and Kathrine, as if to protect me from her, despite the barrier in place.

Placing the to go bag on the floor I slid it over to them. "Burger and fries for two and two vanilla milkshakes" Stefan takes the bag and lets Kathrine take her half as he just stares at me in shock. "I also brought this. This ones for you Stefan and this one is for kitty Kat." I tell them as I pull out the bottle of animal blood followed by a blood bag. "Its buck by the way, fresh this morning" Stefan nods in reply as he takes the bottle and I throw the blood bag to Kat. I turn to leave since neither of them are saying but Stefan stops me 

"Why did you come here? and how do you even know about the supernatural?" I sigh loudly and face him shaking my head as I speak "Did your precious Elena not tell you? I was kidnapped along with her, but Rose and Trevor told me about the supernatural world. You all left me there. I had to walk the whole way back since ." I tell him before walking away, his shocked expression the last thing I see. I may have lied on that last part but he needed to start understanding that Elena wasn't all that. 

Once I'm far enough I let my wolf side take over slightly before heading off to the Lockwood cellar to check in on Tyler, since he hasn't shifted yet I knew he wouldn't be able to sniff me out. Walking into the cellar I notice Caroline there as well, to her I would smell as if I had been cuddling a puppy before coming here, so I didn't bother trying to hide me scent. 

"You do realize a werewolf bite will kill a vampire right?" I say effectively scaring both of them laughing at their reaction I walk down the steps and sit the last one.  Caroline sits next to me "You know" it wasn't a question, more of a statement. I nod in reply "I'm a witch, but please keep it a secret, I don't want the others to believe that they can use me. I am trusting you both not to tell anyone. The only ones that know are Jenna, Jeremy and, as of yesterday, Tyler" I look at her and she nods before she starts to look giddy and practically bounces on the spot. "You mean I finally get to know something before the others? this is so cool I'm usually the last to know anything" 

I laugh at her and wrap my arm around her shoulders, pulling her to my side "Care-bare you need to stop letting people treat you like your some dumb blonde because you are so smart and people should know just how amazing you are" I tell her truthfully as kiss the crown of head like I used to when she was little and I would babysit her. I feel her smile as she snuggles into my side like old times. "Tyler, do you have to potions I gave you? and did you take the other two when you needed to?" I question, he nods and takes a vial from his bag.

"Once your temperature starts to rise take you final one of the day one." I inform him as I stand up pulling out the small ring box out from by bag and throw it to him. He catches it and opens it up, seeing the ring inside he smirks and raises his eyebrow "Shouldn't you be on one knee in order to give me this?" 

Rolling my eyes at him I place my bag on my shoulder and stand in front of him "I charmed it this morning, it will allow you to have full control while in your wolf form so you don't have to worry about hurting Caroline or any one else for that matter" watching his expression change from amusing to disbelief. 

Chuckling slightly I kiss his cheek and ruffle his hair and turn to leave, walking out I talk over my shoulder as I do. "Later kiddos, call if you need me" leaving them I head over to where I'm supposed to me meeting the pack. The full moon was approaching now and when I arrived the others where still getting ready. 

Walking over to them I introduce myself before showing Jules' number in my phone to prove that I knew her. One of the guys, Brady, showed me where I could keep my things while we shifted pulling out another box from my bag. I walked over to the fire that was set up in the middle of everyone. "Guys I brought this with me. A witch friend of mine made them for us, they will allow us to to shift with out the pain and allow us to have control over what happens in our wolf form." The pack look shocked and each took a vial, I stop one of them when he starts to drink it straight away "we have to take it once our temperature starts to increase" 

Afterwards we all sit around talking as we wait for the moonrise.