Episode 1: Roadworn

When the dead started walking, it was complete chaos. Everyone was against each other, fighting to keep themselves and their families safe.

Most people were dead within the first few weeks. Including your own family. Nobody you knew survived for long. And it continued to be that way for years.

The world fell in early July. You were eight at the time and visiting family in Pennsylvania. All of the adults tried to work together to keep everyone safe, and you made it a few weeks before everything collapsed.

After a scavenging mission went south... someone came back with a bite mark. Everyone knew what it meant by that point, but they couldn't accept it. They tried everything they could to cure the infection but eventually failed.

The last thing you remember was running out of the house being covered in blood. Your dad was the only other person to survive. The two of you made it for awhile, but like everything else... it didn't last.

Since then, you've had to grow up. You have killed hundreds of walkers and countless people over the years. Most of the people left in this world weren't good. You've grown to accept that the best way to live was alone, but it was becoming harder and harder out there every minute.

You knew the only way you could survive any longer would be to find a group, but your hopes of finding others worth living with were growing smaller every day.

Then you met Clementine...