Chapter 14: The truth

Well, here we are... two chapters away from episode 1s end...
________________

You wake up to the sound of shouting.

You quickly sit up, sending pain through your arm. You look out towards the window. It was still late at night.

You then look around the room, and notice the broken pipes in the wall. As the yelling continues, you realize they were carrying the sounds through your room.

You see Clementine start to sit up as well. The shouting starts to get louder.

"What's going on?" Clem asks.

"I don't know, but it doesn't sound good," you reply as you move to the edge of your bed.

"Are we in danger?" AJ asks with a worried look. Clem looks over to him and quickly shakes her head.

"No no no.. we're fine AJ. But someone else might be in trouble," she replies. AJ nods his head and looks over to the pipes.

"It sounds like it's coming from the pipes. Whoever's yelling could be anywhere in the school..." you explain as you go to stand up.

Clementine notices you and immediately rushes over to you.

"Hey, just stay in bed, alright? You're in no condition to be moving around right now," she says as she gently pushes you back down.

You look back up to her and shake your head.

"..If someone's in trouble, we should be there to help," you reply as you start to stand again. The sudden movement sends pain throughout your shoulder, and you sit back down and groan.

You hated feeling like you were practically useless right now...

"Y/N.. I'll go check it out. You stay here and watch AJ for me, okay?" Clementine says.

You look down, feeling frustrated that you couldn't do anything.

After a moment you reluctantly nod your head.

"I'll be right back guys," Clem says as she walks over to the door.

"..Be careful," you say as Clementine opens the door. She looks back to you and nods her head as she walks out. You sigh and look to your bandaged up arm.

"What do you think's going on?" AJ asks after a moment.

"No clue buddy..." you answer as you scoot back to the wall.

You both sit and wait a few minutes, as the yelling continues.

You look out of the the window, trying to imagine what was going on out there, as a scream fills the pipes. Everything goes silent as you look over to the door.

"What was that?" AJ asks as he stands up. You look back to him and start to fear for Clementine.

"I don't know. We gotta go find out," you reply in a pained voice as you hop out of bed. AJ looks over to you with a worried expression.

"Are you sure you can make it?" He asks. You sigh and nod your head.

"I'm fine, buddy. Now let's go and- " you start, as AJ interrupts you.

"Last time you said that you passed out!" He says with a concerned look. You realize he wasn't wrong... but it didn't matter right now.

"AJ... Clementine could be in danger. We'll worry about me after we find her," you reply. AJ continues to look at you with a concerned look.

You see him start to think over what you said for a moment before nodding his head.

You both walk over to the door and make your way outside, ignoring the burning pain in your arm as you close the door behind you.