Chapter 13: Awake

*Your POV*

The last thing you remembered before everything went dark was Clementine yelling your name.

Now, you were laying down, staring up at the ceiling. Your arm felt like it was on fire.

Ruby had just left the room after wrapping a bandage around your arm. The pain she just put your arm through made you wish you were still unconscious...

A few minutes pass of you trying to fight the pain off until you hear the door start to open.

You slowly sit up to see Clementine walking into the room, carrying two bowls with her. You send her a small smile.

"Hey," you say weakly.

"Hey, brought you some food," she replies as she walks over to you. She hands you a bowl and you set it in your lap.

"Thanks, I'm starving," you reply with a smile as Clementine sits down next to you.

"Me too. It's been a long day," she says with a tired sigh.

You pick up your spoon with your right hand and start to eat, since your left arm was pretty much disabled for now.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, seeing your pained expression.

"My arm's killing me... but I feel a whole lot better with you here," you reply. Clementine smiles and looks into your eyes, before a guilty expression overcomes her.

"I'm.. so sorry you got shot," she says quietly. You look down to your bowl.

"..Don't be. I'm glad it was me rather than any of you guys," you reply.

Clementine looks to the floor, and a troubled look crosses her face.

"...When he pulled the trigger and I saw you fall down... I was so scared," she starts to say as she looks back to you.

"I just can't lose anyone else.. and I thought I was going to lose you," she says with a scared look. You look back to her sympathetically.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon... I promise," you say with a reassuring smile. Clem nods her head and smiles back to you after a moment.

You hear the door open again, and AJ runs inside. You notice Louis standing in the doorway.

"If you guys are finished eating I can take your bowls for you," he says with a friendly smile.

Clementine picks up your bowls and gives them to Louis.

"Thanks, Louis," she replies.

"No problem. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Louis says with a smile as he turns to leave.

He walks out of the room and closes the door.

Clem looks over to AJ as she walks over to their bed.

"Time for bed, goofball," she says. AJ looks back to her with a sad look.

"Can I stay up a little while longer?" He asks. Clem smiles and shakes her head.

"Nope," she replies. She takes off her hat and places it on the drawer in between your beds.

"One more minute?" AJ asks.

"Tell you what... you lay down, and then we'll see," Clementine replies as she starts to put her things away.

AJ hops up onto their bed and scoots into the corner. He smiles and looks over to Clem as she sits down next to him.

"I like it here... It feels nice to not have to drive everywhere," AJ says happily. Clementine smiles and nods her head.

"Yeah, I like it here too," she says. AJ looks over to you.

"What about you, Y/N?" He asks. You think it over for a second. 

"...Yeah, this place actually makes me feel safe. I don't know how long it's been since I've felt like that," you reply with a smile. AJ smiles back to you.

"Okay, kiddo. You've had your extra minute. Bed time now," Clementine says. AJ sighs and nods his head as he lays down.

You lean back to lay down, and try to make yourself comfortable, even though your arm was still throbbing.

Clementine lays down next to AJ and she looks over to you.

"Goodnight, Y/N," she says as she rolls over.

"Night, Clementine," you reply as you continue to try and get comfortable.

You close your eyes and feel yourself start to grow tired. It had been another long, painful day... but everything seemed like it was going to work out.

This was a shorter chapter, but it was really the only way it would work since I didn't want to flip POVs mid chapter. Anyways, episode 1 is nearly finished now... Will hopefully have the remaining chapters published soon :)