Chapter 33A "Hootenany"

Long chapter, but easily one of my best. Also, there's multiple songs included in this one. You might need to actually search for the songs on YouTube to get them to work properly, as I've never included songs before and I don't know how it works with wattpad. The chapter should be readable if you choose not to listen to them, but I kinda based the whole thing around the music being needed :/
_________________________________________
If you chose to go hunting with Louis in Episode 1, this is your story.
(Go to ch33B if you chose fishing with Violet)

You, Clem, and AJ continue to make your way down the hallway until you reach the front of the admin building.

You turn down the hall leading to the music room to see the rest of the kids already inside, setting things up for the party.

As you walk into the room, Louis sends you wave as he starts to walk over to you with Ruby at his side.

"Looks like things are coming together," Clementine says happily. Ruby smiles and nods her head as she reaches the three of you.

"Yeah, I did my best to pretty this place up for tonight, but we still need to figure out lighting, music, and something to write on that banner," she replies as she points over to the supplies set up next to each other.

Your eyes land on the old gramophone next to Louis's piano. It looked to be in very rough shape.. but maybe it would survive the party..

Ruby notices your concerned eyes as she takes a step closer to the old music player.

"Pulled out the old headmaster's gramophone so we could play some records. Not much of a selection.. but it should do," she explains as Clementine smiles.

"Wouldn't happen to have any jazz records, would you?" She asks curiously. Ruby nods her head as she looks through the stack of records.

"Yeah, the old music teacher was a big fan. Pretty cool guy.. up until he ditched us all," she replies after a moment.

AJ steps forward as he looks up to everyone curiously.

"What's jazz sound like?" He asks.

"Its kinda hard to explain music.. but once you hear it, it'll make more sense," Louis replies as he guides AJ over to the gramophone. The two of them start to mess with the records as you look back to the remaining options for the party.

"Wouldn't be a party without some kind of mood lighting. I've been going back and forth between colors for ages. Green's calming.. but purple might also be nice," Ruby says from next to you.

You look between the different colored jars for a moment before making up your mind.

"I think green would look good," you say. Louis chuckles as he looks over to you.

"Yeah, if you want to summon leprechauns," he says with a laugh.

You notice a confused look cross AJs face as he looks up to Louis.

"And before you ask, leprechauns are too hard to explain and don't really exist," Louis explains, just as AJ opens his mouth.

"Well, if you want green.. I'll make it happen," Ruby says after a moment. She picks up the green jar as you and Clementine look down the final decoration for the party. It was a giant folded up piece of old cardboard. Perfect to write something on.

"Are we going to use this for some kind of party theme?" Clementine asks. Ruby looks back to the two of you and shrugs.

"Mmm.. not exactly. It's meant to be more motivational. I'd keep it short though. There's not as much room as you'd think," she replies.