Chapter 15A "Mistakes"

If you chose to go hunting with Louis... this is your ending.
____________________

The thunder keeps booming throughout the sky as the kids argue.

You look to Louis, who was standing in the back with an anxious look on his face.

You figured your best shot at not dying tonight would be to get him to back you up. You hoped you had gotten to know him enough to where he believed you...

"Louis! You can't let Marlon do this!" You shout with a worried look.

He looks over to you and steps back.

"Oh no, I am not involved in this..." he says as he puts his hands up. You feel your heart drop.

"What?" Clementine asks with a hurt look.

"I like you guys but...not me. You're on your own," he says with a conflicted look.

"Really man? You'd let him shoot us just because you didn't want to get involved? I thought you were more than this..." you say disappointingly. Louis glances over to you with a troubled expression as he looks to Marlon.

"Shit.. Marlon.. drop the gun let's-"

"Louis, she. Killed. Brody! We can't just let these people walk away," Marlon interrupts. Louis looks down and backs away.

"Clem.. Y/N... I gotta trust Marlon. I'm sorry, I just- I have to trust him. I always have," he says with a sad look.

"Louis, Brody trusted him too! And now she's dead! And he killed her!" Clementine replies desperately.

"Take that back!" Marlon shouts as he aims the gun at her again. You see him put his finger over the trigger, and before you can move Louis leaps in front of the gun.

Marlon lowers the gun a bit, and looks back to Louis with a hurt look in his eyes.

"Louis... you don't know what you're doing," he says, trying to persuade him to move.

"C'mon dude. Put the gun down. This isn't how we handle things," Louis replies calmly. Marlon looks down and shakes his head.

You see a few other kids start to walk towards Marlon.

"Marlon, stand down. Be reasonable," Aasim says cautiously.

Marlon raises the gun again and aims it around at everyone.

"None of you get it... you don't understand at all. I'm trying to PROTECT you! All of you!" He shouts as he continues to wave the gun around.

"By waving a loaded gun at everyone?" Clementine asks carefully.

"Shut up, Clementine!" He growls. He points the gun at her again.

"...I made the right call that day! I saved the lives of everyone at this fucking school! And if those raiders ever came back- I'd do it again! He shouts frantically.

"Wow! I didn't realize we were so expendable!" Mitch replies angrily.

"What the fuck!" Violet shouts.

"You told me they died!" Tenn shouts as he steps forward with an angry look. His expression quickly changes to a saddened look.

"You gave my sisters away! Why would you do something like that?" Tenn asks as he starts to choke up.

Marlon looks to the ground and lowers the gun.

"I... I wanted to save them, Tenn. Stage some kind of rescue... I just- I couldn't... I was too afraid," he replies with a shameful look.

"You killed Brody because she knew?" Tenn asks. Marlon slowly nods his head.

"Yes, but.. I didn't mean too," Marlon answers. He then looks up to the rest of the kids.

"I didn't want any of this. I wanted to save Sophie and Minerva. To save all of you!" Marlon says as he starts to choke up.

Louis steps forward.

"Marlon... it isn't too late. We can still fix this. We're not too far gone," he explains calmly.

Marlon drops the gun and turns to look at everyone.

"I betrayed.. all of you. Just let me leave. You'll never have to see me again.. just let me become... a bad memory," Marlon says as he looks to Clementine.

You notice AJ run over to something on the ground behind Marlon. You see him pick up the gun, and you immediately realize what he was doing.

"Fine-" Clementine starts, but is interrupted by you running past her.

"AJ NO!" You yell as you reach him.

The gun goes off just as you grab his arm.