Chapter 5: Crash

You hit the ground and feel pain start to burn throughout your body.

You attempt to sit up, but dizziness and the deafening ringing in your head immediately sends you back to your knees.

"AJ?!" you hear Clementine yell from next to you.

"AJ!? Are you okay?!" She says again as she crawls over to him. AJ sits up and looks around, slightly dazed.

He nods his head after a moment and Clementine starts to check over him for injuries.

You shake your head and try to snap out of your disorientated state.

Clem looks to you and rushes over to your side.

"Y/N, hey, are you okay?!" She asks worriedly.

You nod your head and slowly stand up.

"Yeah, I think. We need to move, now," you answer in a shaky voice.

Clementine nods her head and the three of you make your way to the door.

As you walk outside, you see a small herd of walkers already gathering around.

"Shit..." you say under your breath as you head down the stairs. You all quickly make your way through the yard, seeing even more walkers coming out from the trees.

You make it about halfway to the car when a few of them push through the gate and stumble their way towards you.

"AJ, stay behind us. We'll handle them," Clementine says. AJ nods and the two of you approach the walkers.

You quickly slice through the closest one with your machete and knock the next down by kicking its knee in. You easily stab into its skull and move forward.

You kill another one and see Clem fighting off the last two.

She easily takes one down but the other one grabs her arm and pulls her towards its teeth.

You start to rush over to her as she stabs her knife into the walkers jaw, missing its brain.

You pull the walker off of her and swiftly push your knife through its skull and toss its lifeless corpse away from you.

You glance over to the entrance to see more walkers in the distance.

You all run past the gate and you hop into the passengers seat as Clem and AJ get into the car.

As Clem goes to close her door, a walker reaches the car and tries to grab her.

"Clem!" AJ yells in fear, as her car door hits its arm and keeps her from closing it.

Clementine quickly stabs at the walkers head with the car keys, desperately trying to get it away.

Another walker reaches the car and Clementine kicks her door open, shoving the two back as she slams the door shut.

Walkers were quickly starting to surround the car. AJ pulls his gun out and starts to fearfully look around as Clem releases the brake as the car starts to roll down the steep hill.

As Clementine starts to steer the car away from the trees, you hear the back window break open and walkers start to reach in. AJ climbs forward and gets out of their reach and looks out of your window with a scared expression.

Your window is immediately smashed open as a walker leans in. Before you can react, the thing grabs your head and pulls you back.

You start to freak out and frantically pull its hands off of you as Clementine leans over you and stabs the walker, just as it was about to bite into you.

Clem slides back into her seat and starts to turn the steering wheel to the left. You look forward to see a tree right in front of you.

The car starts to turn but it was too late. It slams directly into the tree, leaving a walker pinned in between the two. You notice something yellow and shiny hanging from its eye. The car keys.

"Shit. The keys!" you shout as you look to your door and at the walkers approaching the car. There wasn't any time to get out of the car.

You lean back and kick at the front windshield and break it open after a few attempts.

You climb your way forward and crawl over the hood to reach the walker.

It continues to grasp at you as you grab its head and pull the keys out.

You quickly slide back into the car and hand Clementine the keys. She immediately goes to start the car and gets it going after a second.

After pulling away from the tree, she starts to drive forward but only makes it a few feet before a walker crashes through her window.

Clem yelps as the thing tries to bite at her face. You lean over to her and try to stab into the walker with your knife as you feel the car start to pick up speed.

Just as you stab into the walkers head, you hear AJ scream and you turn to see a boulder directly in front of the car.

You instantly crash into the rock and feel the car start to flip over. It crashes down and you slam into the cars ceiling.

After a moment of laying there in complete pain, you open your eyes to see that the car was now upside down, and that smoke was everywhere.

You dizzily look to AJ to see him laying next to you, unconscious. You look up to Clementine to see her hanging from her seatbelt, also unconscious. You noticed blood was dripping down from her head.

You groan in pain as you try to move. You start to crawl out of the car though the front window, but you feel your vision beginning to black out. You try your best to fight it off, but after a moment the darkness starts to overcome you, and you feel everything fade to black.