Chapter 26B

If you chose to not let AJ call dibs on Abel, this is your story.

"AJ.. you shouldn't talk like that. You make killing sound... fun," I say slowly.

I kneel down to his level.

"We can never talk about killing like this, okay? Killing is never easy, or fun, or to be treated so casually," I explain sternly. AJ nods his head as he starts to think what I said over.

"Okay. I promise I'll only be serious about it now," he replies.

Y/N sends me a worried look as I shrug nervously. AJ speaking out like that... it scares me...

"Try thinking about something else. How many monsters do you see?" I ask, trying to distract him. AJ shakes his head as he looks back out to the trees.

"Same number as before. Three... four... there's ten monsters out there," he answers.

AJ suddenly gasps as he looks to something out in the trees.

"Wait, Clem I see something," he says worriedly. We both look down to him as our hearts drop.

"Let me see those AJ," Y/N quickly says as he takes the binoculars.

He starts to survey the trees for a moment before he spots something. He looks to you nervously.

"Shit. Clem... you need to see this," he explains. He hands me the binoculars and I look out into the trees.

I quickly spot them. There was a small group of people making their way through the forest.

I take a deep breath before I look back to Y/N and AJ.

"They're here."