Chapter 29: Interrogation

A little bit late on the release but here it is. Next few will be out sometime this weekend or early next week :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours have passed since the raid. The sun was just now coming up.

You and the rest of the kids had successfully put out all of the fires and fortified the front gate, but the damage was done. Most of the admin buildings second floor had went up in flames and parts of the dorms were also in bad shape.

As of right now you were helping Ruby dig Marlons grave while Clem and Violet were trying their best to comfort Louis and Willy. Neither of them had moved since you got the gates closed last night...

You couldn't blame them or any of the other kids for how they were feeling. The defeat was also starting to get to you as well, but you knew the others were worse off than you.

This was their first real fight.. and with how badly you all had lost, it was going to take a lot to help them move on...

You and Ruby continue to dig for another few minutes until you see her lay her shovel down.

"Well, this should be deep enough. I guess it's time..." she explains with a sigh.

You nod your head sympathetically,  wanting to say something to comfort her.. but you weren't able to find any words.

The two of you start to walk back towards the schoolyard as Ruby glances over to the other wooden headstones lined up against the wall.

"First it was Brody a week ago.. and now Marlon... when's it gonna stop?" She asks sadly.

You sigh and look to her.

"Hopefully we'll be done with funerals for a long time once we get our friends back," you quietly reply.

You both continue to walk into the yard as Clem and Vi notice the two of you. They both stand up, realizing it was time.

You reach Marlons body and you look down to Louis and Willy. Clem sends you a saddened look as she walks over to your side.

"Hey guys, we've got everything ready..." Ruby explains. Violet kneels back down to Louis and she puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey Lou, It's time we bury him and say our goodbyes," she explains with a sympathetic look.

Louis slowly nods his head as Willy continues to stare down at the ground. You see Tenn step forward as he looks down to him.

"I'll help you-"

"Get away from him!" Willy suddenly shouts. He stands up and shoves Tenn to the ground as you all watched in shock.

"Marlons dead. Mitch, Aasim, and Omar were taken, and it's all your fault!" Willy continues as tears stream down his face. You step forward a bit as Clementine gets in front of Tenn.

"Willy stop. None of this is Tenns fault. You know whose really to blame," she explains calmly. Willy looks up to her and shakes his head.

"What? I can't believe you're defending him! We had a plan and that idiot messed it up. They'd still be here if it wasn't for him!" He replies angrily.

Tenn looks around at everyone for a moment before he takes off towards the admin building. You look back to Willy and raise your hands.

"Hey, just calm down... We're all upset right now, but we have to move on," you explain.

"Seriously?! He fucks it all up and you're just okay with it?" Willy quickly replies. You sigh and look down.

"I... he made a mistake okay? But fighting with each other isn't going to bring our friends back," you reply. Willy shakes his head in response as he turns away. Violet looks to you and Clementine.