Chapter 28B "Loss"

If you chose to go to the greenhouse with Clementine, this is your story.

(If you chose to stay back with AJ, go to chapter 28A)

~~~~~

"Oh fuck!!" You hear Abel shout. You shake your head as the dizziness starts to subside a bit.

You look around to see that you were now on the ground outside of the school. You were in extreme pain.

"God damnit!!" Abel screams. You realize that you were laying on top of him. He had broke your fall, while also breaking his own body. His leg and arm were both twisted completely around.

You slowly move to get off him as you feel the cold steel of a gun barrel press against the back of your head.

You sigh and raise your hands as the person steps around to face you. It was Lilly.

She was staring down at you angrily. You take a deep breath as you realize you had no options.

Lilly sighs and shakes her head as you glare back at her.

"You know.. this is extremely disappointing. Bringing someone like you back to the Delta would've made this whole trip worth it. You're strong, smart, capable.. easily one of the best survivors I've encountered over the years. it's a shame you decided to side with the wrong people. You could've saved so many lives by joining us," She explains with a smirk.

She aims the rifle to your forehead and you close your eyes, accepting that this was it. You sigh and you start to think of Clementine and the others as she pulls the trigger.

You hear her gun go off as a a bullet hits the ground next to you. You open your eyes to see Mitch rushing towards Lilly.

He slams into her and the two of them hit the ground as he starts to strangle her. You spot Lilly's gun next to you, and you jump into action.

You reach out for the rifle as you feel something latch onto your foot. It starts to pull you towards it as you turn to see Abel glaring up at you.

You immediately start to kick him in the face, breaking his nose after a few hits. He lets go and cries out in pain before reaching out to you again, only to be met by Rosie's teeth.

She latches onto him and begins to tear into his arm as Abel starts to scream.

You hop onto your feet and go to grab the gun, only to see that it was missing. Instead, one of the raiders was holding it directly up to your face. You move to try and get out of her line of fire and she slams the butt of the rifle into your head. You fall back down as everything starts to fade to black.

You feel her start to drag you way as you do your best to stay awake. You dizzily try to free yourself from her as she continues to drag you through the yard.

She's able to get you halfway through the schoolyard before she suddenly cries out in pain. She lets go of you as you look up to see an arrow sticking out of her shoulder.

She turns to run off as you see Clementine rushing towards you. She shoots a few more arrows towards the raiders before dragging you to cover.

You hear the raiders yell to retreat as Clem lays you down behind a table. She kneels down to you as she grabs your shoulders.

"Y/N, hey.. are you okay?" She asks with a scared look. You slowly nod your head as you look out to the front gate. The raiders were already gone.

"Ye- yeah. I'm fine. Did you save Mitch?" You ask with a concerned expression. She shakes her head sadly.

"They had already taken him away when I got out here. I couldn't get to him in time," she explains.

You nod your head and go to stand up, only for you to dizzily fall back onto your knees.

"Shit, we got walkers!" You hear someone shout. Clem looks over to you.

"I need you to stay here, alright? I have to help clear the walkers out. I'll be back in a minute," she explains. You nod your head as she stands up and readies her bow.

You watch as the remaining kids start to kill the walkers. They eventually get the front gate closed and you stand up, feeling the dizziness start to lessen some.

You slowly walk over to the rest of the kids as you feel the adrenaline start to wear off, leaving you in agonizing pain. As you reach Clementine and the others, you see the carnage and destruction that the raiders had brought.

The admin building was still on fire, the yard was completely destroyed, and the front gate was nearly useless now. A whole week of work, only for it to barely do anything..

You see the remaining kids all grouping up the the middle of the yard as you look over to Marlons body. Willy and Louis were by his side, crying over their lost friend.

You walk over to Clementine and the two of you look to each other for a moment before you pull her into your body. You both hold each other tightly for a few seconds before you see Tenn walk up to you.

"Clem.. Y/N... I'm sorry. For trusting her," he explains with a guilt ridden look. You sigh and look to Clementine. You didn't know what to say to him...

Tenn looks down and he walks off with an ashamed expression as AJ walks over to the two of you. Clem rubs his back as you look around at the other kids, wanting to know who was still even left.

You notice Violet walking over to you and Clem.

"Fuck... Aasim, Omar, Mitch...They're just.. gone. And Marlon.. Lilly didn't even hesitate," she explains sadly.

"We're going after them, Violet," Clementine replies with a determined look. Vi shakes her head as she looks down.

"How are we supposed to do that? We don't even have a clue where they are, or how many people they have," she says hopelessly.

You look over to the admin building. Abel was sitting by the school, tied up around a light pole.

"Well, we've got someone who does," you say. They notice what you were looking at and you start to walk over to him.

You and a few other kids group up around his broken body as you all glare down at him angrily. You were going to make him pay for this.

_______________
And here we are. Two episodes finished.

Since this is almost the halfway point of my story, I'd appreciate it if anyone dropped some feedback of any kind.

Let me know what I do well, and what I fall short with. I want to make sure this story is the best that it can be, and it would be a whole lot easier with reader feedback. If I don't get any responses I'll just assume I'm doing good, but I'll still be making some changes going forward :)