Chapter 21: Preparations

The sound of someone knocking on your door wakes you up.

You tiredly rub your eyes as you start to sit up. You notice that the sun was already shining through your window.

The door opens as Clementine starts to wake up from your side, and you see Violet step inside as she looks to the two of you.

"Hey guys, time to get to work. Everyone else is already up and Marlon wants to go over our plan again," she explains. You nod your head and look back to her.

"Ok, we'll be out there in a minute," you reply. Violet nods her head as she turns and closes the door. You look to Clem. 

"Sleep well?" You ask. She nods her head with a tired look.

"Yeah, you?" She replies.

"Yep. This bed is so much better than the floor," you answer. Clementine smiles as the two of you get up and start to prepare for the day.

You both say goodbye to AJ, and you walk out of the room with Clementine.

The two of you walk out into the hallway and you start to make your way towards the doors leading outside.

You walk outside to see the rest of the kids grouped up by the couches. You make your way over to them.

"How much time do we have before they show up?" You hear someone ask. You notice that all of the kids were looking to Marlon and Violet.

"I'm not sure. The first time we met, two weeks passed before I saw them again. So at most I'd say we have two weeks to prepare," Marlon says with a sigh.

"Look, if this place isn't fortified.. it won't matter when they show up. We all need to work as hard as we can in the meantime, so Marlon and I came up with a plan to make sure we get as much done today as possible," Violet explains. She looks to Marlon.

"To make sure we're getting as much done as possible, I've decided it would be best to split off into groups," he explains.

"Me, Louis, and Y/N will go out and bring some walkers back here. Having some scarecrows set up outside could help us out," he says.

He looks to Aasim and Willy.

"You too will handle getting as many traps set up as you can, and Mitch will help out once he's perfected his bomb. Everyone else will work on yard defenses or the walls," he continues. He looks to you and Clementine.

"Clem, is there anything else we should do?" He asks. She shakes her head.

"No, not that I can think of. Let's just work on what we have for now," she answers.

Marlon nods his head and he looks to everyone.

"Okay everyone, we all need to work as hard as possible. Our home depends on it," he says.

Everyone agrees and starts to set off to their jobs. Clementine looks to you.

"Well, looks like I'm stuck here for the day. Good luck out there," she says with a smile. You smile back to her.

"Thanks. See you soon," you reply. The two of you go your separate ways, and you start to walk over to Louis and Marlon.

"Whose idea was it with the scarecrows?" Louis asks as you reach the two of them.

"Mine. I've actually wanted to do this for awhile now, but we've never had a good reason to set them up," Marlon answers.

"How many will we need anyways?" You ask. Marlon shrugs as he turns to the front gate.