Chapter 32: Talks

Well.. another big gap in between chapters. Sorry for the wait :(
(Currently planning out the final few chaps of ep3 right now, so I'll have a set deadline for myself soon)

_________________________________________

After a few hours of walking, you, Clem, and AJ were finally nearing the schoolgrounds again.

The sun would be setting in a little over an hour now, which only meant the big fight was just getting closer and closer.

As time went on, you realized that you were beginning to grow a bit nervous over what you'd be attempting to do in a few hours, and you could tell Clementine was feeling the same way.

Attacking the boat with your limited resources and fighters was a huge risk, even with the addition of James's help... But you knew you couldn't let your worries or negative thoughts overcome you... You and the others had come too far just to crumble into defeat at your biggest test.

~~~

After a few more minutes of walking the three of you had finally made it back to the school. As you push the damaged front gates open, you notice Violet walking out from the dorms over to you.

You start to walk further into the schoolyard alongside Clem and AJ until you meet up with Violet near the flagpole. She sends you a nervous wave as you meet up with each other.

"Hey guys. Did you find James?" She asks hesitantly.

You and Clementine both nod your heads as you think back to what you had to do in order for him to join your fight.

"Yeah, it took a bit to convince him.. but he agreed to help us rescue our friends," Clem replies reassuringly.

Violet looks back to you both with a relieved smile, while also appearing a bit worried at the same time.

"That's good. Everyone else is pretty much ready for the fight... and Ruby said she was planning something for us all to attend in the music room later," she explains as she looks back to the school. You and Clem glance to each other before looking back to Vi curiously.

"What is it?" Clementine asks.

"Some sort of party I guess. She said she wanted us all to try to have some fun before everything happens tonight," Violet explains with a shrug. You slowly nod your head, feeling a bit confused at the thought of throwing a party in the middle of this.. but at the same time it sounded like a good way to keep everyone calm before the fight.

"We're going to have a party?" AJ asks as he steps forward with an excited grin.

Violet smiles down to him as she nods her head.

"Yeah.. one last chance to have some fun," she replies with a hopeful smile. You see Clementine nod her head as she smiles down to AJs excited state.

"That... actually sounds like a nice thing we could do. Trying to have some fun before tonight could help us all out," she replies softly.

Violet nods her head in response as she looks back to you and Clementine.

"Yeah, hopefully... anyways, we'll all be fixing things up in the music room so feel free to join us whenever," she explains. You look over to Clementine and nod your head. It would probably be best to drop off your stuff before the party.

"We'll be ready in a bit then. We could use a few minutes to settle back down first," you reply.

Vi nods her head as you all start to walk through the yard together.

"Sounds good. I'll see you guys soon then," she replies as she turns to the admim building.

You, Clem, and AJ start to head in the opposite direction and over to the dorms entrance. You push the doors open, and you all start to make your way inside.