Chapter 4B

Choice B "Leave them alone"

"We should kill them. They're not people," AJ says as he walks over to the dead couple.

Clem walks over to him and kneels down to his level. She had a concerned look.

"Well, they used to be people.. and as people they wanted to be left alone," Clementine explains.

AJ slowly nods his head, trying to think over what she said.

"What's best then?" He asks after a moment.

"I say we leave them alone. We already have another way inside the room, so killing them would be useless," you say  as you step forward.

"Killing them against their wishes doesn't feel right to me anyways," you add.

Clem nods her head in agreement and looks to AJ.

"AJ, we need to know if there's anything inside of that room, and you're the only one that can fit through the hole," she explains to him. He looks back to her with a worried expression.

"I need you to be brave for me," Clementine says, trying to calm him.

After taking a moment, AJ nods his head.

"Okay.. I can be brave," he replies confidently.

Clementine smiles and starts to lift him up. He quickly crawls through the hole and gets down on the other side.

A few seconds pass of silence as you wait on him. You see Clem growing a bit anxious.

The door suddenly opens and AJ quickly steps out.

"You guys need to see this," he says excitedly.

You and Clem follow AJ into the room. You see a small desk in the corner with a mattress laying in the middle of the room.

"Huh, they had a real thing going here," Clem says as she looks around.

"Can we stay here?" AJ asks.

"We'll see," Clem replies with a smile. You see AJ's expression change.

"No one's here... no one's ever anywhere. It's always just monsters," he says, now in a saddened voice.

"We're here, buddy," you say to him, trying to cheer him up. AJ looks up to you and nods.

"I know...." he says quietly.

"What, you saying we're not people?" Clementine asks, trying to lighten the mood.

"That's not what I meant," AJ answers. He looks away from you and Clem, and he immediately lights up as he rushes over to the window.

You see him grab a few bullets and put them into his revolver. He looks back to you both with a smile.

You smile back to him and turn to check out the desk. You see a few full cans, but like the rest.. they were all spoiled.

You sigh and toss one onto the ground in frustration.

"They spoiled too?" Clem asks.

"Yep," you reply. AJ looks to the ground with an annoyed look.

"Fuck," he says frustratedly. Clementine immediately turns to face him.

"Hey, watch the swears," she says with a small glare.

"But you just called me a shitbird earlier!" AJ replies.

"Do as I say, not as I do," Clem says in a commanding voice.

AJ looks down and nods his head after a moment. You see him look to the mattress with a confused expression.

"Look," he says as he points to the mattress. You see the can you just tossed was leaning against it, but it also looked like something was beneath it.

You walk over to it and push the mattress over a bit. It looked like there was a door...

"Y/N, help me move the mattress," Clementine says as she starts to push it off of whatever was beneath it.

You help her push the mattress away, revealing a hatch door.

"Floor door?" AJ asks curiously.

"Yeah, they must've wanted to hide something," you answer.

You kneel down and start to open the hatch. As you open it, you hear a faint click coming from inside.

From the dim light, you see a bunch of food stashed away.

"Holy shit," you say in amazement.

"That's a lot of stuff," AJ says. Clem smiles and looks to him.

"Yeah, we could eat for weeks with this mu-" Clem starts to reply, but is interrupted by something small and round rolling into the light. A grenade.

Your eyes go wide as you quickly slam the hatch shut.

"Move!" You shout as the three of you start to run towards the door.

You realize that you weren't going to make it a safe distance away before it goes off...

You all reach the door and you wrap your arms around the two of them and shove them away, just as a deafening bang goes off.