Chapter 42: Beginning of the End

"..AJ.. wait! I- I give up! I will give up!"

"..AJ, give me the gun, okay? You don't have to do this. She isn't a threat anymore."

"..My crew and I will leave! We'll never come back. We won't bother any of you ever again!"

"..You can't let her hurt anyone else!"

"..I don't want to die!"

All of those voices.. That was all you could hear right now. Everyone wanted different things.. but you knew what had to be done. Lilly needed to die.

"..AJ.. do it!" You call out after a moment, locking eyes with Clementine as you feel the eyes of everyone else shoot towards you.

"Wait! Plea-" you hear Lilly quickly cry out, only to be cut off by a loud bang, followed by a bullet piercing through her cheek.

"..No!" James shouts out as you all watch the life quickly begin to fade from Lillys eyes, as she collapses onto her side.

Everyone goes silent for a second as you and Clementine worriedly look to each other, seeing James's betrayed glare.

You both go to talk, hoping to cool James down.. only to hear another gunshot ring out.. followed by another.. and another.. as you look back to AJ, seeing him rapidly unloading his pistol into Lillys corpse.

"...AJ! That's enough!" Clementine shouts out from your side as you lock eyes in shock. He just shot nine more rounds into her body...

"AJ..." James starts to say quietly before backing away, as you all go quiet in shock. You all see AJ lower the pistol, but his angry glare still remained.

"AJ.. it's done buddy. She's dead. Just.. just give me the gun, alright..?" You calmly say down to the boy as you and Clementine both start to slowly approach the boy, feeling a worried dread starting to overwhelm you.

The two of you stop a few feet away from AJ, seeing his angry look change to a more calmed yet confused expression as he slowly nods his head before handing you the pistol with his eyes still trained on Lillys corpse.

You glance back to Clementine as she stops by your side, sharing the same worried expression as you hear James sigh frustratedly.

"Look.. look at what you've done. You told me you'd protect him!" James starts to shout as he starts to approach you, Clem, and AJ.

"James-" you start to reply as you go to cautiously raise the pistol up to him, as you then hear another set of footsteps approaching from behind you.

"Lilly, we couldn't find the other-" A female voice starts to call out as you all turn to face her, seeing another female raider frozen in her tracks.

"What.. what did you do..? You're all fucking dead!" She shouts out as she almost immediately snaps out of her confused state, as she goes to raise her rifle.

You instantly raise AJs pistol up to the woman, only to suddenly hear and feel a loud boom shake the boat from underneath you all.

The booming noise starts to quickly get louder as you all stumble to keep your balance, now seeing fire shooting out of the smokestack.

"Shit, the bomb!" You hear Clementine call from from your side as you both look to each other worriedly, knowing your time was out. You needed to get off of this thing immediately.

"Fuck.. Clementine-" you start to shout out as the smokestack explodes into a fiery cloud. You instantly feel the force of the explosion send you flying away from the middle of the boat, as you feel yourself slam into the decks railing before tumbling over it, down towards the water below.

You faintly hear Clementine call your name, just as you plummet deep into the river.

_________________________________________

And here we are, the vote is done. You all have spoken, and Lilly is dead. I had two planned out sequences for both vote options, so now that we're here I'll scrap the losing one for now.

Might bring it back as a oneshot ;)

Onto Episode 4.. not gonna lie, I'm scared of what I have to write soon...