Chapter 40A "Parables"

If you killed Abel in chapter 29B, this is your story.

_________________________________________

You faintly begin to feel your senses starting to come back to you as you slowly open your eyes, remembering everything that had happened.. up until the moment you were hit in the back of the head.

You quickly move to sit up, only to instantly feel a wave of dizziness and pain flood into your head as you collapse back onto your elbows with a pained groan.

"Y/N!" You suddenly hear a scared voice call out from your left as you look to your side, seeing Clementine rushing over to you.

"Clem.." you say as you try to get up again, only to immediately feel Clementine fall down against you as she pulls you into her arms.

"Are you okay!?" She frantically asks as you look to her, noticing her scared expression as you faintly nod your head.

"Yeah, I'm.. I'm fine. What the hell happened..?" You reply as you look around the darkened room, trying to gather your surroundings.

"..Minerva betrayed us the second she got us into these cells.. She knocked you out and threatened to kill the rest of us if we tried anything..." Clementine replies after a moment as she shakes her head, her expression now a mix of worry and anger.

You let out a defeated sigh in response as you look out to the door, hating how you had really let your guard down for Minnie. You hoped that she'd choose her family over Lilly.. but she was already too far gone.

"Well.. how long have I been out for?" You reply after a moment, wanting to move past Minnie and to keep trying to get out of here, knowing there was still a bomb that could go off at any moment...

"..Maybe a minute or two?" Minerva just left to get Lilly, Clementine replies as you shake your head with a sigh.

"Shit... but they don't know about our plan yet, right?" You hesitantly continue, as you get back onto your knees while Clem shakes her head.

"No, they haven't found out yet," Clementine replies as you nod your head, now somewhat relieved.

"..What plan?" You suddenly hear a voice ask from the corner of the room, as you quickly remember that Mitch was in the cell with you.

"Oh.. uh.. we rigged a bomb inside of the boiler. Once they start this boat up we'll only have a few minutes to get off.." you explain as Mitch looks to the two of you with an unsure expression.

"Seriously...? Who else knows how to make explosives besides me..?" He asks after a moment, seemingly having a hard time telling if you were serious or not.

"..Willy made it. He used all of your notes to get it ready," Clementine replies as you both watch Mitch take a second to process everything.

After a moment he nods his head, now with a somewhat impressed look as you and Clementine notice his hands that were now illuminated from the light coming from the window.

"..Mitch, what.. what did they do to you..?" You ask quietly. Mitch just sighs in response as he looks away from the two of you.

"I fought back. Tried to get us free from the cart they took us away in last night... ended up with a broken arm and three less fingers," he explains as you and Clementine look to each other, beginning to feel a wave of guiltiness hit you both.

"..Mitch.. I'm so s-"

"Don't even start with that right now. I don't want to hear it," Mitch snaps back with a slightly irritated voice. You and Clem glance to each other, staying silent as Mitch lets out a dejected sigh.