Chapter 18B

Choice B "Wait for an opening"

You take a deep breath and prepare yourself.

"Come on kid, I know you don't want to be the reason she dies," Abel warns.

You see AJ slowly lower his gun as Abel approaches him. He takes his gun, and quickly hits him across the face with it.

"No!" Clementine shouts as she jumps up and charges towards the man.

"I wouldn't girl! Take another step and I blow his head off," Abel shouts. You see Clementine freeze and slowly raise her hands.

"..Okay.. just let him go," she says worriedly.

Abel shakes his head.

"Nah. I think I'm gonna hold onto him. Gives you a reason to listen to us," he says with a laugh. You see him lower his gun and approach Clementine, and you realize now was your chance.

You start to rush out from behind the tree, only to see another person standing next to Clementine. You freeze and duck back into hiding.

You hear Clementine groan in pain as she is tossed back onto the ground.

"I've seen these ones before. Fighters. You'll like em," Abel says. You peek back around the tree to see a woman standing over Clementine.

"We're looking for a kid. Runs a community around here. Names Marlon," she explains. You freeze, realizing who these people were...

"We're not with them," Clementine replies angrily. The woman laughs.

"I find that very hard to believe," she replies.

"We know about the school already. And that you two live there. So how about it? You take us back to your friends, and we can all talk. Nobody gets hurt," she continues.

Clementine doesn't reply, and you hear Abel sigh in frustration.

"Don't worry. I can make em talk," he says, and you hear AJ start to scream.

You desperately wanted to jump out and stop him, but you didn't have a choice. Moving now would likely end with you or Clem and AJ dying.

"Please, don't hurt him!" You hear Clementine shout desperately.

"Sure, if you do like we ask! Otherwise I'm happy to crack his head open. You ever seen old fruit explode right after you throw it at something? That's exactly how it'll look," Abel explains.

You realize you were running out of time and options. You carefully peek around the side of the tree to look for anything you could use to your advantage.

You see the woman kick Clementine onto her back and AJ starts to try to break free from Abel's grasp.

"Clementine!" AJ shouts.

You see Clementine and the woman stare at each other. Both had a look of suprise on their faces.

"Oh my god... Clementine- it's... you?" The woman asks with a suprised look. Clem slowly sits up.

"I.. my name is Lilly," the woman adds.

"Lilly? I thought you died..." Clementine replies with a shocked expression.

Lilly offers her a hand, and she takes it. You lean back against the tree. You had no idea what was happening.

"The hell is this?" Abel asks.

"Not now Abel..." Lilly replies.

You see Lilly start to walk around Clementine.

"Lee isn't with you..." she says slowly. Clementine nods her head sadly.