Chapter 15B "Mistakes"

If you chose to go fishing with Violet... this is your ending.
______________

The thunder keeps booming throughout the sky as the kids argue.

You look to Violet, who was standing in the back with a conflicted look on her face.

You figured your best shot at not dying tonight would be to get her to back you up. You hoped you had gotten to know her enough for her to believe you.

"Violet, you gotta believe us!" you shout desperately. She looks over to you with a worried look.

"No, you don't Vi. You met them like.. two days ago!" Marlon says. Violet looks down and sadly shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, Y/N... But, I don't know you guys. Not really..." she replies. You feel your heart drop as you look back to her.

"You'd just let him kill us?" You ask with a hurt look.

"I..." Violet starts, but just shakes her head after a moment.

"If you were there the day the raiders came, he would've abandoned you too!" Clementine says from next to you.

Violet looks to Clementine, and her expression changes as she starts to walk over to you.

She steps in front of you and Clem, and she pulls her cleaver out.

Marlon shakes his head but keeps the gun raised at her.

"Violet being difficult... why am I not suprised?" He says with a smirk.

"Put the gun down. We're doing this the right way," she says sternly.

You notice a few other kids starting to slowly approach Marlon.

"Stand down, Marlon. Be reasonable," Aasim says cautiously.

Marlon looks around at everyone. He raises the gun and points it around.

"You don't get it... none of you understand at all, do you? I'm trying to PROTECT you! All of you!" He shouts as he continues to wave the gun around.

"By waving a loaded gun around?" Clementine says carefully.

"Shut up, Clementine!" He growls. He points the gun towards you two again.

"I made the right call that day! And if those raiders came back- I'd do it again!" He shouts frantically. Everyone steps back after hearing the last part.

"Wow, I didn't realize how expendable we all are!" Aasim shouts angrily.

"What the fuck, Marlon?" Violet says from next to you.

"You told me they died!" Tenn shouts as he steps forward with an angry look. His expression quickly changes to a saddened look.

"Why would you do something like that?" He asks as he starts to choke up.

Marlon looks down and lowers the gun.

"I... I wanted to save them, Tenn. Stage some kind of rescue... I just- I couldn't... I was too afraid," he replies with a shameful look.

"You killed Brody because she knew?" Tenn asks. Marlon slowly nods his head.

"Yes, but.. I didn't mean too," Marlon answers. He then looks up to the rest of the kids.

"I didn't want any of this. I wanted to save Sophie and Minerva. To save all of you!" Marlon says as he starts to choke up.

Louis steps forward.

"Marlon... it isn't too late. We can still fix this. We're not too far gone," he explains calmly.

Marlon drops the gun and turns to look at everyone.

"I betrayed.. all of you. Just let me leave. You'll never have to see me again.. just let me become... a bad memory," Marlon says as he looks to Clementine.

You notice AJ run over to something on the ground behind Marlon. You see him pick up the gun, and you immediately realize what he was doing.

"Fine-" Clementine starts, but is interrupted by you running past her.

"AJ NO!" You yell as you reach him.

The gun goes off just as you grab his arm.