Chapter 10A

Choice A "Hunt with Louis and Aasim"

"It would probably be best if we split up. Me and AJ can go help one group while you go with the other," Clementine says. You nod your head in agreement.

"Yeah, good idea. I guess I'll go with Louis and Aasim. I've gotten pretty good at hunting throughout my time out there," you reply with smile.

"Cool, me and AJ will go with Vi and Brody then. Fishing could be fun for you to try," Clementine says as she smiles and looks to AJ.

"Sounds good to me. Brody and Violet will be leaving in a bit, and Louis and Aasim should be setting out any moment now," Marlon explains. You and Clem nod your heads and you turn to leave.

"Oh, and.. you might need this," Marlon says as he holds up the map.

"We need all hands on deck if we're gonna find anymore food. Just remember to stay in the safezone... we need you all to come back in one piece," he continues as he walks over to you and hands you the map.

"Got it, thanks," you reply as you put the map away.

Clementine starts to walk over to you and AJ looks back to Marlon with a happy expression.

"Go get em, AJ," Marlon says with a smile. He raises his hand and AJ gives him a high five.

"Alright, let's get going," Clementine says, and the three of you walk out of the room and start down the staircase.

You head back outside and you all walk out into the courtyard. You see Louis and Aasim standing by the front gate, getting their things ready.

Violet and Brody were both over by the couches set up next to the dorms.

"Well, I guess we better go get ready. Good luck with hunting," Clementine says as she and AJ start to walk towards Violet and Brody.

"See you soon," you reply. You turn towards Louis and Aasim and make your way over to them.

*Later*

The walk through the woods had been pretty quiet for the most part. Aasim had been doing his best to make Louis stay quiet, so he didn't alert any wildlife still out here. He hasn't had much success so far.

Up to now, you've been following behind the two, not wanting to get involved in their arguing. It was nice to get some peace and quiet out here after the last few days.

As you walk, you see Louis look back to you and slow down. 

As you reach him he starts to walk next to you.

"Hey, enjoying the walk?" Louis asks in his usual happy tone. You smile and nod your head.

"Yep. Being out here enjoying the quiet is pretty nice. It's a good change of pace from everything that's happened recently," you reply. Louis nods his head and looks out into the trees for a moment.

"I've been meaning to ask... but, how long have you known Clementine?" He asks after a second. You look back to him and start to think. It really hasn't been too long...

"Like, maybe a week now. We just met a couple of days ago when I stumbled into the house they were staying in," you answer. Louis looks to you with a shocked expression.

"Really? Just a week?" He asks, with a look that said he didn't believe you.

"Yeah, when we first met I was pretty injured and tired due to an accident I had earlier that day. I had to do everything I could to convince her to not kill me," you explain.