Chapter 7: The kids

You and Clementine re enter the school and hear a piano being played in the distance.

You look around the room. There was a hallway on both of your sides that lead further into the school, as well as a staircase in the middle of the room.

The place looked extremely worn down. Most of the walls were falling apart and were vandalized by all kinds of markings.

You walk further into the room, trying to find where the music was coming from. You suddenly hear a door slam down the right hallway.

"Gah, you little motherfucker!" You hear a girl shout. You and Clem both walk towards the commotion.

You stop in front of the hall to see a red headed girl making her way towards you.

She notices the two of you, and immediately growls and angrily stomps over to you.

"Hey. Hey!" She shouts as she walks over to Clem and gets in her face.

"Um..." Clementine says as she steps back and glances to you nervously. You look back to her, having no idea what to do.

"Bout time y'all woke up! Your little boy just bit me!" She says angrily as she lifts her hand to show a red bite mark.

"Uh, I'm so sorry.. he's been through a lot and he acts out sometimes. I'm sure he didn't mean to..." Clementine replies apologetically.

The girl looks back to you both with a glare.

"Yeah? Well ain't we all? Don't see us sinking our teeth into each other do you?!" She replies. She shakes her head and starts to walk past you.

"Boy needs to learn some respect," she says as she storms away. You and Clem look to each other, having no idea how to respond to what just happened.

You both start to head towards the room that the angry girl just left. You open the door and walk inside.

After closing the door you immediately notice AJ standing by a piano in the corner of the room. There was also another guy who looked your age playing the piano. He had dreads and was wearing a brown trench coat.

AJ notices your presence and turns to face you and Clem. His face instantly lights up with a huge smile.

"Clem! Y/N!" He says excitedly as he rushes over to the two of you.

Clementine kneels down and AJ runs into her arms as the two hug for a moment. Clem starts to check over AJ, making sure he was ok as you let out a sigh of relief. You were happy that you all made it.

"You're both ok!" AJ says happily after the two of them let go of each other. Clementine smiles and looks to him.

"Yep. And you know what you are?" she asks. AJ looks back to her with a confused look.

"What?" He asks.

"Ticklish!" Clementine replies as she starts to tickle AJ, causing him to laugh. You smile at how adorable Clem and AJ were.

After a second Clementine stops and looks back to AJ with a more serious expression.

"AJ.. that girl out there says you bit her. Is that true?" She asks. AJ looks down to his feet.

"...I didn't mean to... she snuck up on me," he replies.

"Still. You can't be doing that. These people helped us," Clem says. AJ nods his head.

"No more bites?" Clem asks.

"No more bites," AJ replies with a sigh.

The piano stops playing. You look over to the new guy and he turns to face the three of you.