Chapter 24: Confessions

It's all been leading to this...

~~~~~

You were still feeling anxious as the two of you start to walk into the admin building together. You knew you wanted to tell her how you felt, but that nervousness was still there.

You both walk into the school and you start to make your way up the staircase. As you reach the second floor, you take a deep breath. It was just going to be just the two of you alone together.

Right now would probably be your only chance to confess to her. You wanted to do it before the raiders show up, just in case you never get another opportunity...

You walk into Marlon's old office and over to the balcony. Clementine stops by your side and you both start to look out over the school.

You could see the rest of the kids down below you, finishing up whatever work they had left for the day. You see Clem smile from next to you.

"You know, apart from that time I put together our plan.. I've never actually looked at the school from up high," she explains. You smile and look back to her.

"Yeah, me neither. This place is honestly way bigger than it feels. It's almost like it was designed to fight off herds of walkers or an army of raiders," you reply with a grin. Clementine giggles as you both continue to look around at the school. After a moment she looks to you with a more serious expression.

"Do you think all of this will actually work?" She asks worriedly. You sigh and look back down to the school. You start to look over everything you've accomplished throughout the week.

With the limited resources you all had, you've somehow managed to make the place into something worth fighting for. Like you actually could stand a chance...

You look back to Clem reassuringly.

"I mean, it has to be enough, right? We've put all of our effort into making sure this place is defended," you explain after a moment.

Clementine nods her head, but she still had a worried look in her eyes. You send her a smile.

"And besides, we have you to lead us. You're smart, strong, good under pressure, and most importantly, a leader. Without you I don't think we'd even stand a chance," you explain, trying to comfort her.

Clem nods her head and thinks what you said over. She looks back up to you and smiles after a moment.

"Thanks, I mean it. I needed to hear that," she says happily. You smile and nod your head as you look out towards the school. You start to think over your words.

"..You know, I've lived most of my life out on the road. Met a lot of people... Some were good, but most always ended up being bad... at some point I started to question if there was actually any good left out in the world," you explain. You look back to Clementine and smile.

"..Then, I met you. I could you were different from the start. You're a good, caring person. Not a whole lot of people like you left out there," you continue.

Clementine continues to smile and she starts to blush as the two of you lock eyes. You start to grow nervous as that same affectionate feeling begins to overwhelm you again.

You feel yourself start to blush as you continue to look into her eyes. Everything felt peaceful right now. It felt right. You glance down as you try to put your words together. After a moment you look back up to her nervously.

"Clem... I um- I really like you. Like as more than a friend," you say as you feel yourself start to grow red. You look back to her only to see her look away nervously. You start to grow embarrassed, fearing that you just made a mistake. You quickly speak up.

"I- uh.. it's fine if you don't feel the same way. I just had to tell you before-"

Clementine suddenly steps forward and she presses her lips against yours. You freeze for a moment before quickly snapping out of it. You wrap your arms around her as you kiss her back.

Her lips felt soft and warm. Like complete heaven. You never wanted this to end...

The two of you continue to embrace each other for another couple of seconds before you both pull away.

You notice that Clementine was beaming bright red, but she was happy. You just stare back to her with your emotions now all over the place.

Clementine giggles at your reaction and she speaks up for you.

"Y/N.. I like you too. And I mean like-like you," she explains with a heart warming smile. You smile and look down.

"I um, I'm honestly surprised you actually feel the same way," you say quietly. Clementine chuckles as she leans into you.

"Really? After everything we've been through, how could I not like you?" She asks with a smirk.

She suddenly lays her head into your chest, and you wrap your arms around her. Neither of you say anything. You just wanted to enjoy the moment together.

The two of you continue to hold each other as you watch the sun start to sink below the horizon. Everything about this moment was perfect.

You look down to Clementine and smile. She notices your happy expression and she looks up to you.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing. I'm just really happy right now," you reply with a grin.

Clem giggles and she shakes her head as she looks back out towards the sunset.

"Yeah, so am I," she replies happily.

You both continue to watch as the sun completely disappears beneath the horizon. Another couple of minutes pass before the two of you decide it was time to head back downstairs.

You both start to walk out of Marlons office together. As you reach the bottom of the staircase you take Clementines hand and walk out into the school yard.

Today was probably the best day of your life.

______________
😊😊😊😊

We're finally where my original version of this story ended. This time, I'll be making sure the same doesn't happen here :)

Next few chapters will be finishing off episode 2. I'll probably have them out in the next 1-2 days or at most a week