Chapter 17: Atone

You had woken up to the sound of the old wooden building creaking around you. You guessed it was almost noon now.

AJ was already awake. He had said he wanted to go find Tenn and hangout with him for awhile.

Now... you were laying in your bed, thinking over everything that had happened last night.

After you had returned to your room and patched your arm up, you decided to get to sleep. You didn't really feel like talking to AJ or Clementine after what happened outside... 

What Marlon did to the twins and to you and Clementine last night was bad... but AJ wasn't in the right either. His choices could turn the rest of the kids against you all...

As you continue to lay down and think, you hear the door start to open. You sit up to see AJ walking inside with something in his arms. It looked like some sort of old lantern.

"..What is that?" You ask.

"Me and Tenn were in the kitchen and I found this thing. I wanted to make you and Clem some coffee," he explains as he sets everything down. You realize the lantern thing was a heater.

"Oh, uh.. thanks, AJ. It's been a long time since I've had coffee," you reply.

A few minutes pass as AJ fixes up the heater, and you hear Clementines bed creak.

You see Clem sit up and look to you and AJ.

"Made you some coffee. It was in the kitchen. Tenn said I could have some.. I didn't steal it," AJ explains as he picks up the two cups he brought.

He walks over to you and Clem and hands you both a cup. You start to slowly drink it, as Clementine smiles at AJ.

"I'm surprised you remember how to make it. We haven't had coffee in a long time," she says happily. 

"You put it in hot water..." AJ says with a confused look.

"You're right. Thanks," Clementine replies.

A few seconds pass of silence as you continue to drink your coffee. You notice AJ start to fidget with his fingers as he looks to Clem with a concerned expression.

"Clem... last night I heard what the other kids were saying.." he says slowly. You and Clementine both look to him worriedly.

"...Did I mess up?" AJ asks anxiously. You look away, knowing where this talk was heading.

AJ looks down and starts to think.

"...We're supposed to kill bad stuff. Monsters. I thought Marlon was bad," he explains. Clementine sighs and looks down at the floor.

"AJ... last night you made a mistake. Sometimes people do bad things, like Marlon... but when you shot him, he wasn't a threat anymore. If Y/N didn't try to stop you.. you could've killed Marlon. That would've been murder..." She explains.

AJ looks down and nods his head. He had a regretful look in his eyes.

"...Am I gonna die now?" He asks nervously.

"What?" You ask, confused by why he would think that.

"I could've killed Marlon if you didn't stop me. And murderers are like monsters. I know what happens to them..." he explains sadly.

"No, AJ. You're not going to die. You just made a mistake," Clementine answers as she shakes her head.

"And we're going to try and make it right with everyone else," you say with a reassuring smile.

Clem sends you a hopeful smile and she nods her head.

"Yeah, we'll help you atone," She says to AJ.

Alive Inside- A Clementine x Male Reader The Walking Dead Story (Choice Based)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara