Press Release

"Okay, found it!" Lina held the computer high over her head. 

Jade, who had started the morning by painting her nails red in preparation for war, rushed to Lina's side. "What are people saying?"

Kaya covered her eyes. She didn't want to know what crazy thing the world came up with while she slept. Ignorance had been peaceful. 

"That depends. Do you want to know what normal people who aren't obsessed are saying, or do you want to know what the fan club is saying?" 

"Can you not tell me either?" Kaya peeked out from behind her fingers. 

Jade scowled at the screen. "Oh, that's it. I'm fully prepared to end them all. Lina, get my things. Anything leather." 

Kaya's phone trilled from its place on the coffee table. Ransom Lee appeared on the screen like a saving grace. Kaya grabbed it and held it up so Jade could see the caller ID before she answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Have you read the press release?" Ransom asked. 

Kaya nodded, then realized he couldn't see her. "I did. It's exactly like you said it would be." 

"I told you, I keep my promises. Did you read the comments section?" 

"Did you want me to?" 

"I was hoping you wouldn't." 

Kaya sighed, relieved. "I haven't. And I won't." 

"Good. With that said, I know that my cousin has read the comments. She's of that personality. Is she still there?" 

Kaya looked up at Jade. "Yep." 

"Tell her not to do anything rash. Instead, bring her with you and meet me in the lobby." 

"Why?" 

"We have a battle to prepare for. Don't you want the fan club to stop harassing you?" 

Yes. Yes, she did. Dang it, why did Ransom have to know all her weak points? 

"Are we going to make them stop?" 

"We're going to declare war on their protest."

Kaya didn't know what Ransom meant by that, but it couldn't be good. Why was everyone so willing to fight, anyway? Couldn't they let it pass by peacefully? 

Ransom chuckled. "No need to overthink things, oh silent one. I'll see you in a few moments. Give Jade my message." 

He hung up before Kaya could argue with the notion of waging war. Darn activists. Why did she have so many of them in her life? Why couldn't they let her be a passivist on her own?

Then again, where had passivism gotten her?

Kaya sighed again. Might as well join the winning team for this war. "Jade, Ransom says we should meet him in the lobby." 

"He's clearly ruining my revenge plot." Jade huffed, folded her arms, but didn't budge. "When?" 

"Immediately, as far as I could tell." 

"Why?" 

"To... wage war?" Kaya attempted Ransom's phraseology. 

"Hey, wait." Lina raised her hand. "Am I included?" 

Kaya shrugged. "He didn't say." 

"You're not." Jade shook her head. "You should intercept your brother and cool him down. I'm sure he's on his way over here by now. Kaya, come with me. Ransom must have a plan." 

"Does he always have a plan?" 

Kaya couldn't count the number of times she had heard those words from Ransom or those around him. A plan. How did they so easily concoct them? 

Jade smirked. "Of course he does. He's related to me, after all. Let's go."