Change of Opinion

Ransom offered Kaya a quiet day outside of the company, but they did stop by to retrieve something from his office. Both still paranoid after the previous night, they mutually decided that Kaya should go inside with Ransom. It was safer for everyone involved. 

Kaya had a feeling that Ransom wouldn't let her out of his sight for a while. 

Of course, Tobin didn't sit at his desk. He had the weekend off. Only workaholics came to the company on a weekend. 

Kaya smiled to herself. Ransom, her workaholic. It seemed accurate. 

"What are you looking for?" Kaya peeked around Ransom's shoulder. 

Ransom bent to open a drawer. "Something I left here yesterday. I meant to bring it home with me." 

"Is it super important?" Kaya scurried to the other side of the drawer. "Or can we look for it later?" 

"Well..." Ransom's fingers paused in their rummaging. He glanced up sheepishly. "It's a gift for you." 

"Again?" Ransom kept bringing her nice things. Kaya wasn't sure how to accept all his kindnesses. "You don't have to." 

Ransom's fingers reached out to touch Kaya's cheek. "I want to. When I see things that remind me of you, I can't help but purchase them." 

Click. Click, click, click. 

Ransom dropped his hand from Kaya's face and turned toward the source of the sound. The doorway. Though no one appeared to be standing there, the sound of camera shutters spoke otherwise. 

Kaya didn't have time to move and Ransom had already made it across the room. He reached an arm out the door and around the corner, then gave a tug. 

Alicia Fairchild stumbled into sight, camera in her hands. 

"What are you doing here?" Ransom dead-panned. 

Alicia rolled her eyes and tugged her arm out of his grip. "I don't know, maybe I'm here because someone told me to make the fan club like his girlfriend. I'm trying to be a loyal fan club president here, Mr. Lee."

"By stalking us again?" Kaya asked, confused. 

"Oh, please." Alicia folded her arms, the camera dangling from one hand. "Ran said to make it believable. Since I began this by stalking you, I'm going to end it by proving that the two of you are adorable. By stalking." 

As much as Kaya didn't want to admit it, Alicia made a good point. If she convinced the fangirls that she had changed her mind by secretly watching them, the others might follow suit in changing their minds. 

Ransom scrubbed a hand against the back of his neck. 

Kaya could see the dilemma in his face. As much as she wanted to spend time with him alone, if they let Alicia follow them around... it might end better in the long run. 

Tucking her own selfishness into the back of her mind, Kaya pasted a smile on her face. "Go ahead and follow us today, then." 

"Really?!" Alicia raced across the room and threw her arms around Kaya. "I was so wrong about you, you know. We're friends now, right? Jacob said you'd probably forgive me and be my friend." 

Kaya couldn't believe she would actually like Alicia, but it turned out the girl wasn't as bad as Kaya thought. So she nodded in agreement. Friends. She could do that.