Office Talk

"I'm quite frankly surprised it took you so long." Jade glanced around the lavish CEO's office. "Couldn't you use a touch of color in here?" 

"Stop avoiding the subject at hand." Ransom leaned against his desk, arms folded as if it might intimidate his cousin. "This conversation would have happened a long time ago if you had answered my phone calls." 

"Oh, so that's why you sent Tobin to fetch me." Jade grinned. "You could have come downstairs at home." 

"You and I both know that I attempted that method." Ransom wrinkled his nose at her. 

"Oh, did you? I must not have been home." 

Jade would admit that she liked to torment her cousin. Avoiding him might be a power play, but it also bought time for him to process everything. She preferred to talk to him once he had become rational again. 

"Bae Kyung Ok!" Ransom slammed a hand against his desk. He knew Jade hated it when he used the name her mother gave her.

"Lee Ryong!" Jade arched a brow. "See? I can do it too." 

Alright, so watching Ransom's shoulders slump in defeat brought her too much joy. 

The angry look he shot her from the tops of his eyes brought a moment of pause. 

"If you weren't home, where were you? With Kestrel Nox? Surely not." Ransom straightened his posture. "I think I'd have to report that to Uncle..." 

"You wouldn't dare." Jade growled. 

Ransom grinned. He knew he had her against a wall. Jade knew he had her against a wall, too. 

She sighed heavily. "Alright. What do you need me for?" 

"I expect an explanation. Why did you do it?" 

"What did I do? OH! You mean the shirt?" Jade splayed her hands in front of her. "An accident." 

Ransom chuckled. "Nothing is ever an accident with you." 

Jade smiled at him. Ransom knew her too well to believe that she had handed over his shirt by complete accident. But she had other things up her sleeve, too. 

"It looked the best with the outfit. Lina asked that I let her stay over and I thought it would be a complete loss if I didn't highlight that S-line of hers." Jade shrugged. "Work habits." 

"Work habits that spiraled out of control and put me in a dating rumor with her." Ransom shook his head. "I didn't need this. It's only complicating matters." 

"Complicating? I think it just sped them up a little..." Jade inspected a cuticle. Not that it needed any help, but she didn't want to look too interested. 

Ransom groaned. "You really try my patience." 

"I spice up your life." Jade blew him a kiss. "Is that all you need me for?" 

"There is one other thing, work-related." 

"Oh? Tell me." 

Jade had no doubt that Ransom would have told her, but Tobin chose that moment to burst through the door. Far too dramatic, that one. 

"What is it?" Ransom's full attention went to his secretary. 

Tobin shot a glance to Jade and winced. "They found her address." 

Ransom growled in disapproval, but the majority of his anger shot out of his glare, toward Jade. "If anything bad comes of this, you and I are going to have words." 

"Threaten me later. You should go now." Jade never meant to injure Kaya. She didn't think it would get quite this out-of-hand. However, she also had no doubt that Ransom could handle the situation. 

That was only confirmed by the speed at which he shot out of the office.