"well I don't like Elena anyway, I only came back for you and Jenna, mainly you" I smile at him as he takes my hand "I know you've always been my sister and mum rolled into one, I mean you still baby me now"

Getting out of the car I turn back to him "Bubba I will always baby you, no matter how old you get" closing the door I wait for him to get out as well before grabbing the stuff out of the boot including the archery equipment. "Come on" we spent the small hike up to the lake talking about our childhood memories. Reaching the lake I had Jeremy layout he blankets while I set out the basket and took off my top and shorts before jumping into the water, Jeremy following my lead.

After about an hour of us swimming around, splashing each other and pretending to drown each other we finally get out of the water. Sitting down on our towels I start pulling out the food. "I didn't have much time to pack the food so it's just a few sandwiches, crisps and cookies" I tell him as I place each item on the towel between us along with a bottle of water each along with the bottles of beer. Seeing the beer he looks at me shocked, "Don't look at me like that, we both know you have drank before and I don't mind if you drink with me, that way I can make sure you don't drink too much". He grins and gives me a side hug, he had always liked how I treat him like an adult even though I babied him every now and then I make sure to try my hardest not to smother him, too much at least.

He doesn't say anything else to wrapped up in eating. Boys and their food. Once we finished all the food Jeremy moved to get up but I grabbed his arm and sat him back down. "Do you know our true family history?" when he shakes his head slightly I continue "dad was going to teach you this when you turned 18, he told me that if for whatever reason that he couldn't I was to be the one to teach you. The gilbert bloodline has always been a line of vampire hunters. You already know about the Gilbert watch but its tradition that each Gilbert male learn how to use a bow and arrow, so that is what we are going to do today its the main reason I pulled you out of school today, other then wanting to spend time with you." 

I pull out the bow and arrows and hand them to Jeremy. The bow was a slick black metal with his name carved into the body "Dad had it made for you. I hope you understand how proud he would be of the person you have become, because I know I am" I watch as he runs his fingers over his name while tears fill his eyes, putting the bow down like it was the most fragile object in the world he turned to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. As he whispers in my ear I feel my shoulder start to become damp "Thank you, Ella".

The rest of the day was spent watching Jeremy try to hit a target, he had been bad in the beginning as he got used to the weight of it, but soon enough he was hitting the target perfectly without fail. When it reached 3pm we finally decided to go home since we both had to get ready for the dance and Jeremy wanted to talk to bonnie first.

Jeremy and I walk through the door playfully pushing each other as we try to fit in the door frame at the same time. "Right I need to get showered and get ready for tonight." Kissing his cheek I take the steps two at a time and head to my room. Locking the door behind me walking to the bathroom I strip out of my clothes on the way leaving a trail behind me. 

After showering I slip on my white lace bra and thong set before slipping on my blue fluffy robe I sit at the vanity to start blow drying my hair then start curling it after each curl I roll the section of hair up and pin it in place to set. Once my hair is all pinned up and I was looking a little crazy I started on my makeup, due to my vampire gene I didn't actually really need stuff like foundation or concealer since I never got any blemishes, but I still liked to wear it every now and then so for tonight I had decided to a light layer of minimal coverage foundation, bronzer and blush for my face along with golden eyeshadow with a tiny amount of black eyeliner blended in to make my bright blue eyes stand out.

Finishing off the whole look with a red lip tint I stand up undoing my robe as I did so, slipping into my white heels I sit back down at my vanity to take the pins out of my hair. Feeling around my scalp to make sure there are no pins left over. After I was sure there were no more I start to delicately brush out my curls until they fall past my shoulders in thick waves, once satisfied with how it looks I add a simple pearl headband with a matching bracelet and walk over to my dress. Doing up the zip I grab my phone, lip gloss and keys I put them into my pearl encrusted clutch before leaving.

Since Jeremy got a lift with his date Bonnie I didn't have to wait for him. Arriving at the dance I walked in and made my way over to Ric, he and I had gotten along well when we met and had become fast friends, I had allowed Jenna to tell him about me being a witch since she didn't want to be lying to the man she loved and I couldn't blame her for it. Reaching his side I place a kiss on his cheek "Evening Ric, you're already looking out of your mind" I knew the moment my lips touched his skin that I had just found my soulmate, which means someone else was currently in Ric's body. "hey, can I get those files I left in your room?" 'Ric' shakes his head slightly as if to clear his head before smiling and holding his arm out to me with a smirk that didn't quite suit his face "Of course love" slipping my arm through his I let him lead me to Ric's class the moment the door shuts I slam him against the wall. "I know for a fact that you are not Alaric, so my darling what is your name? and why are you in my best friend's body?"