Vol 9 Chap 296 - Our Creator is always fair

XH 296 - Our Creator is always fair

The news of the purifying water no longer worked was quick to spread around the army base. It also reached Bai Chuan and Yu Zheng's ears.

While his hands were still tending a patient, Doctor Bai side-glanced at the white Rubik cube floating beside him. His eyes were especially meaningful to the system.

"Xiao Hua's tea no longer works?" The Rubik Cube was surprised as well and refreshed its mailbox in its database, which was regretfully nothing new. "I don't know!"

"... Yu Zheng," Bai Chuan called out, only to be denied by his lover.

"I will take care of the patients. Go to your daughter."

The wounded soldier tended by Yu Zheng became dejected hearing that. He had hoped to have his doctor switched to the gentle Doctor Bai that would take care of his wounds kindly. Gazing at his brother comrade currently being tended carefully by Doctor Bai, the poor soldier could only silently look on with deep envy!

"But-"

"You are better in heart to heart words than me."

Bai Chuan would have snorted in disbelief and broke his character guideline if there were no patients in the tent. If Yu Zheng sucked at that, what about those cheesy, heart-melting words that were said to him during his unending determination of courtship?

Baidu engine search guide?

And did Yu Zheng think he was deaf when he boasted about his successful achievement to their adopted daughter without much filter? He even suggested ideas to help Xiao Hua in improving her romantic relationship!

However, it was because of Yu Zheng's unfiltered mouth that allowed Xiao Hua to easily speak to Yu Zheng without reserve instead of with Bai Chuan.

"Doctor Bai, is it true that the Third Princess Consort is your adopted daughter?" A wounded soldier that was resting in the same tent asked.

Even if it was not the right time to entertain rumours, Bai Chuan had to follow his character guideline. He answered with a fatherly pride smile, but his eyes held hints of worry. "Yes, she is."

The soldier that asked the question suddenly lowered his volume until it was a soft whisper. "I... I know that the princess consort brewed the special medicine that could purify the demon's attacks. I was there that night."

The soldier bowed to Doctor Bai with red eyes. "A mere soldier like me could never be graced a chance to speak to the princess consort and could only give my thanks to Doctor Bai to pass on to her on my behalf."

Another soldier in the tent followed his comrade and offered Bai Chuan a low bow. "I'm thankful to the princess consort's gracious aid."

A soldier that was lying down from a heavy wound but was still conscious smiled up at Bai Chuan. "Doctor Bai, please go to Princess Consort. Although we are not clear of the situation, we knew that a parent should be with their child when they are in trouble. No need to not worry about us."

The soldier that Yu Zheng was currently treating laughed out loud. "Doctor Yu is doing well- Ouch!" He gave Yi Zheng a pained gaze. Just when he tried to trust him, the devil doctor betrayed him!

He wants Doctor Bai!

"Done. Leave and call the next one in," Yu Zheng said indifferently, but glanced sideways at Bai Chuan as if asking why he was still here.

Bai Chuan's mouth curved upwards. If everyone was giving him an excuse to go to his daughter, he would be a fool not to take it. "I will have to trouble you, Doctor Yu."