Vol 6 Chap 184

Author's Note:
Hello everyone, I've got a news for you! (Might be good or bad to you). I've written a side story of this novel, but its only available to read at my patreon page (pay to read).

I make this decision is so that there will be some benefits for those that purchase the ebook once I've publish it as ebook.

🥠🥠🥠

XH 184

Even if the Third prince does not want her to attend the meeting just because Jing Ke would be there as well, Xiao Hua insisted on going, because she wanted to know about the sealed gate. She knew it was not because the discussion was a secret that he wanted her to opt out of the meeting, because earlier he had asked her to join the meeting before the trio returned.

Since she wanted to join, he suggested that she stay behind the screen and she vehemently refused. 

“It will offend Jing Ke! And I won’t be that scared when I’m not alone with him!”

The Third Prince swallowed his disagreement, and decided it would be good to make Xiao Hua braver. "Alright. Come, let's have our dinner first before we meet them."

They do not dare to eat for a long time while the others waited for them, just enough to fill their stomachs. When the young couple stepped into the room where Da Bei and Da An had brought the guests to, Long Yuen and Doctor Bai were already there, waiting. 

“Xiao Hua, come and let me have a look at you,” Doctor Bai said worriedly as soon as she stepped into the room. When Third Prince was not in attendance, the two elderly asked for the reason from the two younger men with despondent aura. 

“I’m fine,” Xiao Hua quickly answered. “I’m just tired and skipped lunch so the dizzy spell happened.” But Doctor Bai still checked her pulse to confirm her health.

She gave Jing Ke, who had fortunately covered his face with his mask, an apologetic smile. “Lord Jing Ke, please forgive me for showing such an embarrassing sight to you.”

Xiao Hua would fix the awkwardness by praising his face, but she feared that her praise would come back and bite her ass in return if Jing Ke proudly showed off his face to her in the future!

Jing Ke nodded and his despondent air slowly scattered away.

“Then it’s all Third Prince’s fault then?” Yang Ling quipped. “Hey Third Prince, as soon as I step a foot inside Guilin, I already heard about Miss Bai Hua as your child bride! Are you not afraid to be scolded for treating your child bride this way? She needs to eat a lot to grow up properly!”

“Don’t speak of rubbish,” The Third Prince scolded. “Whatever Xiao Hua wants, I will give it to her, including food. It is your chattering non-stop at fault.”

“I’m sorry!” Xiao Hua raised her voice to cut in before the light bantering would escalate to fight, embarrassed that she had brought drama and caused arguments to rise. "It’s my fault for being a picky eater. It’s not Third Prince’s fault at all.”

“Picky eater? No way~” Yang Ling did not let the issue die down. “Third Prince is one of the wealthy men in Guilin, hiring a good chef to make delicious food is an easy thing no matter how exotic your taste bud is! Lizard's meat, snake's liver, bat's meat, none of them are impossible!"

“What is an outsider involving himself into a couple’s matter doing?” the 19th Emperor finally decided to stop this useless conversation. 

The chatterbox boy that dared to speak up against those in authority surprisingly stepped back.