Vol 7 Chap 215 - Long Zhu's extra flesh

XH 215 - Long Zhu's extra flesh

As his enemies finally died under his hands, the Emperor's anger was finally vented and his body could finally collapse in fatigue. All this while, he had used his anger to fuel his body to fight, not willing to let go until the hated couple died. 

Xiao Hua flinched in fear, not knowing what was going on when Long Zhu yelled for doctors to attend to the unconscious Emperor. The noise was too much and she could not make sense of most of it. 

Long Zhu tightened his grip around her trembling form, her face pressed tightly against his chest, listening to his beating heart. "Don't be afraid."

Worried for Xiao Hua, he decided to attend every matter with her remaining in his arms. He also did it for the purpose of using Xiao Hua to calm himself down, tying him down to reality instead of allowing the dark memories that today's accident had triggered, threatening to overwhelm him. 

His blatant disregard of his image by carrying Xiao Hua around had some officials felt offended, especially the Minister of Rites. They wanted to subtly hint to the prince to take care of his royal image. Carrying a female in his arms, even if she was to be his wife-to-be, was improper and frowned upon!

Their intention was seen through by the guards, and they made sure the busybody officials have no chance to approach the prince. With their muscular body, they acted as a wall and pasted an expression of fake innocence. They would act as the middlemen by having the officials to convey their business to them without directly speaking to the Third Prince.

The guards even dared to block the scary Minister of Rites!

The guards find the Third Prince's action to be kind, full of cherished feelings towards his wounded fiancee that needed his attention to healing her heart from her fear of unable to see anything in an unfamiliar situation. His fiancee was also understanding, not bothering the prince and remained silent in his arms like a doll, but contentedly enjoyed the safety in his arms.

Such a delicate and heartbreaking mood, it must not be broken by those insensitive old geezers!

As most of the Gu Dan people had managed to flee, Long Zhu called his fourth brother back to help out with the mess. Right now, he was the only one dealing with the consequences and the Eighth Prince was keeping an eye on the restrained angry troops under the Second Prince's command.

As if Long Zhu’s prayers to have someone help him out, a person with much higher cultivation than him was making his way to their location, his traveling speed could make one wrongly assume that person to be flying. 

"Long Zhu!" 

Long Zhu, who had prepared for the new arrival to be an enemy, relaxed when it was the 19th Emperor, who had been absent from the palace to talk to Azure Dragon. 

The 19th Emperor, with a thunderous expression, marched towards his grandson with the composure of an Emperor. Eunuch Lau Liu followed behind him silently. 

"Grandfather, you've returned safely."

"The Azure Dragon said its next vessel is dead. Is Long Qian…"

"Dead." Long Zhu confirmed, his heart clenched in pain. He had yet to have a chance to mourn for his elder brother's death. This was the second time he experienced his eldest brother's death. 

"Who did it?" Even if the 19th Emperor was not quite happy to have Long Qian be the next Emperor, he was still his grandson!

"Eldest brother went insane and attacked Mother Empress. Father Emperor had no choice but to stop him in a much permanent manner."