Vol 7 Chap 226 - Thousand Year Old Ginseng

A/N: My country will be lockdown/ quarantine for 2/3 weeks. And I havent finish stock up food... 😱

Everyone, stay safe! Drink more water to wash down the virus from your throat and get burn in your stomach!

Wear a mask whenever you travel in a crowded place! It's better to stay home whenever you could!

Wash your hands frequently! Touch your face less!

XH 226 - Thousand Year Old Ginseng

"Human minds are very fascinating. Everyone has a different level of tolerance towards pain and tragedies. 'Xiao Hua' previously could be said to have a sheltered life and does not have the chance to experience many tragedies."

Long Zhu stiffened, his mind racing as he stared at Yu Zheng in an increasingly guarded manner. Yu Zheng slowly smiled and Long Zhu felt a great sense of danger. 

"I know a lot about Xiao Hua, and about her soul transmigration. I have no intention to harm her, so you can call off your little green friends."

Not believing him, Long Zhu did not command the plants breaking into the room through the windows to ease down, preparing for any danger. "Who are you?" 

How did his teacher know this man? How did he know about Xiao Hua?

"I am the ginseng your teacher had carefully taken care of," Yu Zheng's tone held a hint of pride at the fact. 

Long Zhu's eyes widened. "You are-! Teacher had done the impossible..." 

There were legends about ginseng that were able to cultivate and gain a human form with an intelligent mind. But no one was able to witness whether it was true or not.

No wonder his teacher was so protective of the thousand-year-old ginseng!

Doctor Bai had sheltered the ginseng from harsh rain, fierce sunlight and brutal wind. He even pulled out any weeds that tried to leech nutrients from it, even going as far as using precious cultivated water to water it daily!

Long Zhu controlled the plants to return back to their soil, no longer having the intention to harm the ginseng, unless provoked. It would be terrible if anything happens to it because then Long Zhu will suffer his teacher's wrath.

Now that he paid attention to it, he did find it strange that he would smell the light scent of ginseng in the room.

Yu Zheng's act of pouring tea was as graceful as Doctor Bai's, but it held more strength behind the movement. He had actually looked forward to drinking Xiao Hua's tea that was supposedly able to boost one's vitality. 

When Yu Zheng first found out that Bai Chuan had adopted a daughter in this world, Yu Zheng did not display any jealousy towards the unknown girl but readily accepted her as a family. Anyone that Bai Chuan showed kindness to, Yu Zheng will do the same.

Yu Zheng had even prepped himself in how to introduce himself to Xiao Hua and his usually steady heart surprisingly felt a tiny sense of nervousness. But his plan had to be adjusted when Xiao Hua was not in the state to welcome anyone. 

The one that ruined his well thought plans was this potential son-in-law and if it was not his beloved Bai Chuan that asked him to enlighten this feminine boy, he would not even care about him. Bai Chuan was restricted by his character setting, so it was only Yu Zheng that could boldly speak of sensitive matters. 

Hijacking the Rubik cube system and learning everything about this world was an easy thing to do. The system was not omniscient and knew everything, but the information it had about Xiao Hua was enough for Yu Zheng to form the full picture.