SS Long Lian 2 - Rumored childhood lover

Long Lian 2 - Rumored childhood lover

The first time Long Lian met the rumored childhood lover of the King of Munzhu, it was when she visited Munzhu country on behalf of her Emperor brother. The content of the document was too important that no danger should befall it, and Long Lian volunteered to deliver it right to the hands of the King of Munzhu.

A maiden in love, Long Lian naturally seized this chance to spend more time with Tian Liang, who was busy with his demanding officials and had not visited her for quite some time.

Tian Liang may look barbaric and unfriendly, but he was strangely deferential to his officials. It was very different from her Emperor brother with his young and innocent appearance which one would assume to be easily bullied. Who would foresee that the young Emperor would have full control over the court not long after he took over the throne?

Instead of the officials bullying him, Heise was the one that bullied the officials with his big smile and sunny attitude. Armed with those polite attributes, he did not restrain his glib mouth that uttered sarcastic comments whenever he was annoyed. To those that tried to verbally force their opinion onto the Emperor, they were met with sadistic punishment.

Long Lian secretly cheered for her Emperor brother to keep up his performance in hammering those old and arrogant officials' blind arrogance!

"Welcome to my humble country, beautiful Princess." Sitting on top of his black horse, Tian Liang looked dashing and it reminded Long Lian of the heroes in the storybooks she had secretly read from one of her maid's hidden stash.

Long Lian smiled politely. "Thank you for your warm welcome."

The officials of Munzhu were surprised that their King would personally go to welcome the Princess of Guilin and even treated her in a very hospitable manner.

This was a sight that was rare to be seen.

However, they would never embarrass the King even if they dislike him for his background. They mirrored Tian Liang's attitude towards Princess Long Lian and showered her with polite praises. They were still Munzhu's citizens and shall be united before the outsiders.

However, in just one day, a new rumor gave birth in Munzhu, about their strong King had fallen in love with the beautiful Princess of Guilin.

Long Lian had been happily chatting with Tian Liang when a servant announced that Concubine Pei Jin requested to meet His Majesty. Although Long Lian told herself not to be sensitive, she was still a little offended that a servant dared to interrupt their conversation without hesitation. She also tried to tell herself to be more open-minded and maintain her smile when Tian Liang allowed his concubine.

From first sight, Concubine Pei Jin was indeed a beauty, with her fair skin and delicate features that were rare in the Munzhu country. Her walking speed was full of gracefulness with steady steps where one would praise with admiration.

Long Lian only spared her a glance before looking away, not willing to pay much attention to a concubine or allow the other person to think they could be friends.

She had long heard of this concubine, who was rumored to be King of Munzhu's childhood love. There were doubts about the genuinity of this rumor, but she quickly forgot about it when Tian Liang was rather frank about his feelings towards her. If Long Lian indeed wed to Tian Liang, they would be sisters, but their feelings for one another would be far from friendly.

"This concubine greets Your Majesty and Princess of Guilin," Pei Jin greeted softly, in a way a gentleman's stoic heart would have softened.

Tian Liang nodded and had her straighten up from her bow. "Princess, this is my concubine, Pei Jin. I hope both of you could get along well and be friends."