Vol 6 Chap 188

XH 188

Duke Heng arrived just in time for the show to start. The patrol guards were circling a person that had exited from 《A Pair of Genuine Eye》 pawn shop.

He gotten out of the carriage a street away and discreetly approached the growing crowd with Liu Bing following closely behind him.

His stride was full of confidence as he headed straight to the crowd but his eyes were all around the place, looking for the Third Prince and Xiao Hua. His straying eyes finally stopped at a pair of black dressed couple at the side of the crowd. Trailing his eyes up and down at their figures he confirmed his suspicion and no longer looked around, focusing on the issue.

"What's going on here?" Liu Bing raised his voice.

"Sir Liu Bing!" One of the guards recognized him as the previous prime minister's student. Then he looked beside Liu Bing eagerly. "Duke Heng!"

No one in the Guilin Kingdom had not heard of Duke Heng! Within a minute, the crowd parted to let Duke Heng into the middle of the circle.

"Duke Heng! This man is a spy from Gu Dan!" A soldier quickly informed the important point to Duke Heng.

The captured man previously worn an oversized hat, covering his upper face from view. Previously, one of the soldiers had accidentally bumped into him and the hat fell off, revealed his green eyes.

The guard had wanted to apologize, but upon seeing the pair of green eyes, his apologetic demeanor turned fierce and full of hostility. The green-eyed man knew that his disguise was seen through and wanted to escape but he was not quick enough and stopped by the guards.

"One of us has gone to inform Minister of Justice and ask what we should do, but now that Duke Heng is here, please guide us!" The guard requested politely but his eyes boldly pressured Duke Heng.

If Xiao Hua had not known this was all a planned act, Xiao Hua would have thought that the guard was forcefully passing the hot potato to Duke Heng's hands.

"Is this how you treat visitors?" The green-eyed man yelled angrily. "We really should think twice before visiting this unfriendly country!"

The green-eyed man still tried to escape, but the tall, heavily built guard tightened his grip on his shoulder. The guard used his Qi to lock his movement, posing the green eyed man as a human doll. The remaining three guards stood around him, in a position to stop the spy if he managed to break free.

"Our Guilin Kingdom had never treated our visitors badly, but that is not the case for those with the intention to harm our home," Duke Heng said righteously. "Your eyes are the very symbol of a Gu Dan people! If we had truly wronged you after your innocence is proven, we are not afraid to apologize and compensate you! This soldier, please escort him to Minister of Justice to be investigated."

"Hold on! That's my customer you are harassing!" A feminine boy with fair skin stepped out of the pawn shop with righteous anger. "Just because he has green eyes, he is from Gu Dan country? There are other people in this world with green eyes that are not from Gu Dan country!"

Xiao Hua grinned. That's the heroine! She must have been watching from inside the shop and seeing how that green-eyed man would be dragged away by the guards, she had no choice but to step out.

Her righteous words nearly swayed the crowd, but unfortunately for the heroine, Duke Heng had already known who she was and happily attacked her. "You said he is your customer? Then are you a worker of the pawn shop? You appear at the right time! Please follow the guards and answer some questions. Your help will solve this problem in a shorter time. If the owner of this shop would follow us as well, it will be even more helpful."