Vol 7 Chap 213 - They are like cockroaches

A/N: Ops, I never thought me being sick would make some readers think too much about it 😅 sorry! Its just be being female! So there would be many sick chapter delays in future 🤫

XH 213 - They are like cockroaches

Outside the palace, the Gu Dan clansmen had surrounded the palace. Laid on the ground were corpses of the imperial guards that were killed when they attempt to bypass Gu Dan troops. 

"King, we have it easy," One of the Gu Dan clansman said joyfully.  

There was a long chair with the King lying on it, his head propped up with a palm, enjoying chilled grapes. His face was painted with red makeup, looking like an enchanting seductress and wore matching red robes. 

He was Gu Wenjing, the young leader of Gu Dan, and a terrifying poison master. 

He did not reply, but his arrogant tilt of his chin spoke volumes. His fingers that was in the middle of raising a grape to his mouth stopped. His eyes that was previously closed finally opened, revealing his bright green eyes. It would be as beautiful as a priceless jade, if it was not filled with viciousness.

She's in danger!

"King?!" The clansman called his King that disappeared quickly into the palace.

"Attack!" A loud roar filled the entire area, before it was joined with a countless of holler. 

The Fourth Prince had brought along his own men to join General Tang and his group of soldiers. They decided to wait for an opportunity to attack after seeing the palace guards died when they tried to force in. When their King suddenly disappear, An Wan told him it was the right time. He did not question her and immediately ordered his troops to start the attack.

The Gu Dan clansmen were not headless when their King was not there to command them. They quickly counterattacked with poison, which the soldier blocked with face mask and shield.

It would not be effective, but it would at least buy them time until the end of the fight. They had decided to surrender their lives to either let God to bring them back to heaven or for the doctors to keep them on earth. 

The Third Prince had lent them Tian Zi and An Wan to help in killing as much Gu Dan people as they could in preparation of the battle that would most probably going to happen in the future. Tian Chi was also assigned to help out those with severe poisoning. 

They need to cripple Gu Dan's manpower as much as possible!

 🍵🍵🍵

Heise stared at the bamboo forest and rubbed his smooth chin. "How do we get them out?"

"Let them stay in there longer." Long Zhu wanted them to suffer a bit more before ending their lives.

It would be even better if they died soon after.

Heise tsk-ed. "To think they are still alive after that. They are really a cheat like existence!" 

As cultivators, Heise and Long Zhu would naturally able to hear distant breathing and heartbeats. Not to mention, the whole prison was evacuated, leaving them the only people inside. 

"Cheat like?"

"Cockroaches. They are like cockroaches," Heise explained. "No matter how hard fate had smacked them around, they could still climb back up."

"How accurate." Long Zhu agreed. 

Heise bet that the involvement of Gu Dan was also Liu Chu Chu's compensation cheat when her buy one, free two supporting male leads were robbed away!