Vol 8 Chap 267 - Ninth Prince, Long Nian

XH 267 - Ninth Prince, Long Nian

The first meeting after two years between Xiao Hua and Long Zhu was filled with shyness and the air was coated with a pink, bubbly air known as romance. 

Yu Zheng and Long Yuen hide their smirk at how shy the young couple was. It was as if this was their first meeting of an arranged marriage talk without any history of meeting each other.

"How are you doing?"

"Very well. How about you?"

"I'm doing well too."

Long Zhu's heart thump-ed like crazy, meeting her shy, beautiful eyes that sparkled with emotion. It was still gray colored, but he slowly found it to be likeable and uniquely her. 

The round table was not small, but the amount of dishes made it look otherwise. Every dish was decorated artistically, giving off a rich and lavish feast suitable for an Imperial feast.  

Doctor Bai had gone all out for his adopted daughter's sixteenth birthday. 

With a welcoming smile that suits a great host, Doctor Bai invited everyone to take a seat and enjoy the feast without needing to be polite.

"Thank you, Honorable Father," Xiao Hua called sweetly. Her heart was deeply touched at his thoughtful effort for her birthday feast and it made her tone even softer and sweeter, very pleasant to listen to.

Doctor Bai's smile was wider and softer towards his daughter. "Come, I've prepared enough for everyone, so there's no need to hold back and have your fill."

Xiao Hua was seated beside Long Zhu, and she subconsciously placed a wide space between them. She does not understand why she would be so shy towards this man that she had kissed and hugged for so many times.

Was it because he was much more handsome than before? Two years had allowed Long Zhu's appearance to grow mature to the extent it matched his mentality. He looked even more like Le XiaoTing's boss now. 

Any softness that previously would make others wrongly recognize him as a female had now become harder, like a male.

A good looking male.

With darker skin, taller height, wider shoulders, and thicker chest, Long Zhu emitted manly hormones that made Xiao Hua's femininity tingle in awareness. 

Just like Xiao Hua, Long Zhu was very much aware and conscious of the delicate beauty seated beside him. His eighth brother's description which he shared after his visits could do no justice for the actual vision.

Xiao Hua had shredded most of her childishness and started blooming into a beautiful flower. With fair skin and womanly curves, Long Zhu was a bit confused on how to treat her. It was his integrated teachings that took charge of his confusion and made him behave like a proper gentleman to the lovely lady. 

Doctor Bai placed plenty of dishes on top of Xiao Hua's bowl of rice, so she had to eat them non-stop to avoid spilling. She did not refuse Doctor Bai's offering, using eating as an excuse to avoid paying much attention to the handsome man beside her. 

After Long Zhu once again verbally affirmed that he wishes to marry Xiao Hua, who shyly nodded in agreement, the atmosphere became lighter and easygoing. 

"Will you be coming along to Guilin with us?" Long Yuen asked Bai Chuan.

"Yes. It will be nice to travel together." He and Yu Zheng will be staying until Xiao Hua and Long Zhu's wedding was over. 

The older generation happily chatted as they dine, while the two younger ones only stuffed food into their mouth. The young miss glued her eyes on the food in her hand, but the gentlemen would glance at her at the corner of his eyes. His lips would once in a while curled upwards, obviously happy.