Vol 8 Chap 259 - Spied on Da Bei

XH 259 - Spied on Da Bei

"Let's not stay here. Who knows if that crazy bitch... lady will come back again?" Xiao Hua no longer feels safe in her own room.

Trading rooms for sleeping was a different matter.

Da Bei had no options and followed whatever Xiao Hua wanted. The white Rubik Cube was floating tiredly, not in the mood to debate over it. And so Xiao Hua led the way in search of a new hideout until Doctor Bai and Yu Zheng returned.

The first place they went to was Da Bei's room. It has no personal decorations, looking just like a guest room, clean and tidy.

Xiao Hua wondered if it was because she was already feeling spooked, that she found the room to be a little creepy. It would look better once the room was lit up with lights, but... Xiao Hua rubbed her arms that suddenly felt cold.

"Erm, let's go somewhere warmer, shall we?" Xiao Hua suggested, but did not give anyone a chance to say otherwise and quickly went out of the room.

The system was the last one to exit the room and the door gently closed behind it, followed by female giggles.

The Rubik Cube does not dislike Xiao Hua to the extent of telling her that Da Bei's room was cold because there were ghosts staying there. The two female ghosts were Bai ancestors and strangely adored Da Bei a lot.

The female ancestors very much regret that Da Bei often stayed in his wolf form, not giving them much chance to admire his attractive human form.

Although every living male in the land was handsome, the female ancestors only spied on Da Bei without a guilty conscience. After all, one was their descendent and another was their descendant's lover.

After walking far away from Da Bei's room, Xiao Hua sighed, whether it was in relief or fear, she was not sure. She no longer felt cold and enjoyed the warm breeze traveling around the land.

"Where should we hide?" Xiao Hua mused.

Duan XiYing was staying at the nearest town, but it would take nearly half a day to reach and she does not recognize the roads.

"Go to the host's room. He should have one or two talismans around in case of any danger," the system said languidly.

"...Are you alright?" Xiao Hua stared at the Rubik cube that was not floating in its usual energetic way. The way it was floating made Xiao Hua foresee that it would crash landing sooner or later.

"I'm running low on energy."

"How should I charge you?"

"What?" The Rubik's Cube stared at Xiao Hua, not even having the energy to form a red question mark on its screen.

"Do you need to be charged to recover your energy? Like a phone?" Xiao Hua clarified.

"No need to worry about it. I will go to sleep mode once we are safe!"

The Rubik Cube's floating manner was looking even more dangerous the longer it went on. Xiao Hua quickly brought them to Bai Chuan and Yu Zheng's room, which fortunately was not locked.

The Rubik Cube used some of its remaining energy to scan around the bedroom. "Host had not left behind any talisman or protection artifact."

"It's alright! We can just stay here!" Xiao Hua does not feel cold or creepy and it seems fine to stay here.

Suddenly, a familiar white, fluffy blanket popped out in front of Da Bei and he caught it lightly between his jaw. He pushed it to Xiao Hua's direction and she thought he was going to give it to her.