Vol 8 Chap 265 - Their boss played truant

XH 265 - Their boss played truant

Today, Long Lian had booked a private room in a famous little restaurant near the 'Xiao Bao' store for lunch and had a good chat with her soon-to-be sister-in-law. It was also to celebrate their birthday together.

Yu Zheng did not join the young ladies' chat and stayed at the 'Xiao Bao' store to wait for them, giving excuses that they would not want an old person to ruin their fun.

"It's so adorable, especially this rabbit!" Long Lian gushed as she held onto her birthday present from Xiao Hua. The rabbit looked similar to her contracted beast in its Saint Rabbit form! "I will treasure it well! This is truly lovely!"

Xiao Hua smiled as she thought it was Long Lian that grew even more lovely the older she gets. Even the King of Munzhu was aware of it too and accompanied her everywhere to fend off other men with designs on her.

He was even here for today's visit!

But, doesn't he need to take care of his country? Wasn't the ruler supposed to be the busiest?

Xiao Hua momentarily has sympathy towards Tian Liang's subordinates that had to overwork because their boss played truant.

Placed onto a table and pushed to Long Lian was a small bag with three steamed buns that Xiao Hua had chosen the best among the others. "This is also for you. It's steamed buns with sweet corn filling inside."

"Oh! I have long ago wished to have a taste of it!" Long Lian looked overjoyed.

Xiao Hua turned to Tian Liang, giving him an apologetic look. "If I had known the King of Munzhu would be joining us today, I would have brought more steamed buns for you to enjoy. I apologize for not being thoughtful and wronged you."

Tian Liang wondered why this little chili had never been sincerely friendly towards him, despite she had verbally accepted his courtship towards Long Lian. Just like her word of apology, which sounded sincere but she should have known he would always be beside Long Lian every time they met up!

And what's with her gaze that held sympathy and disgust at the same time?

He could not see which part of this chili that Long Lian would be so fond of and even learned bad habits from! Other than coming up with weird food, but acceptable taste.

"Xiao Hua, will you go back to Guilin with me tomorrow?" Long Lian asked.

"...Eh?" The question seriously caught her off guard that she blurted out, "Why?"

"Certainly because you will be going back to Guilin as well! I will be going back to Guilin too, so it will be best to go back together."

Previously, she had headed to Munzhu as an envoy to help send a sensitive letter for her Eighth brother's behalf. Tian Liang insisted on escorting her back home, afraid she will encounter danger on the way back. His joining in today's meeting was truly coincidental.

"Sorry, but I can't go back yet."

"Why not? Is it not already past two years of your promised stay? If it's about the seven days' taboo, it will be fine once you married my third brother within the time period. The wedding preparations are already completed back home and my horses are fast."

Xiao Hua did not say anything, looking indecisive. But Long Lian caught her gaze trailed to Tian Liang's direction and knew she would not speak as long as he was here.

"Tian Liang, could you leave us alone for a while?" Long Lian asked.

Tian Liang scowled and placed down the cup of tea he had been enjoying. "Why? Is there anything I'm not allowed to hear?"