Vol 7 Chap 241 - Successfully trapped her mouse

I've uploaded Chapter 240 just a minute ago, so make sure you don't accidentally skip a chapter! This is the second chapter for today's release!

That's all for this week! 

See you guys after 16th!

XH 241 - Successfully trapped her mouse

The moment the Emperor spoke of passing down the throne, the Empress had expected him to call for her to have a talk. But she never expected he would finally let go of the possessive feelings he had over her.

In the Emperor's study, without any servants, the pair of husband and wife for nearly seventeen years was going to talk about separation.

"Ling Yi, I can let you go if you wish for it," The Emperor finally approached the main topic after the pleasantries.

His words were expected, but not the lack of possessiveness in his tone. Because of this, the Empress finally looked at his appearance properly for the first time since the last time he had disappointed her. He looked tired and older, his hard edge became softer, giving off a more approachable air.

But the Empress held no sympathy for him when he was only suffering from what he deserved because of his past actions.

Towards his wife's silence, he wore an apologetic expression. "Ling Yi, I have not treated you well all these years and make you unhappy. If you wish to leave, I will make sure you have enough to live comfortably and without disturbance."

His kind words made her feel disgusted instead. Now that he lost his favorite woman, he finally looks at her. But it was too late, not when her heart was already cold.

"I won't leave," the Empress said with a wooden expression. "My children are here, what use would it be if I leave?" Her parents had passed away and her only family were Long Zhu and Long Lian. And the unborn child in her womb.

The Emperor was surprised at her answer. "You can enter the palace anytime you wish to meet the children. No one dares to stop you."

"I wish to stay close to my children." Where she can see them anytime she wanted.

"You can-"

"I am your main wife, your Empress," she cut in and looked straight into his eyes. "I won't leave you, Your Majesty."

Her determined eyes were truly beautiful, and the Emperor wondered when was the last time he looked into her eyes properly. How could he forget this strong, beautiful woman right beside him? His mind told him that she was the perfect wife, but his heart had stupidly remained faithful to Concubine He that loathed him to death, just to rebel against his father.

How childish was he?

"Ling Yi." The Emperor showed his vulnerability before his wife no longer tried to look strong. "I gave you my word that I will treat you very well until the last of my breath."