Vol 6 Chap 186

XH 186

Before the sun could fully rises, the Peach Courtyard, especially Xiao Hua's room, was already lit with light and filled with activity.

Tian Zi and Tian Chi were tasked to transport the necessary things for Xiao Hua's disguise into the room. An Jing and An Wan will help Xiao Hua to wear them. Duan XiYing will be in charge of makeup. 

All this happened because last night, Xiao Hua had innocently answered that she was interested in how Duke Heng will roll up the Second Prince's pawn shop. 

With how quickly the Third Prince had prepared the necessary items for their disguise, it was obvious that he had intentionally trapped Xiao Hua into agreeing in the first place! No matter how rich he was, it was impossible to gather all things in less than half a day, and it was already late night then! She had wanted to ask more about it, but the Third Prince charmingly dodged it and sent her to sleep like a father!

Duan XiYing was the one that woke her up the next morning, but Xiao Hua does not stay confused for long because she had already expected to wake up early. The Third Prince had said the person they will use to bring the pawn shop down will arrive and leave during the early morning so if they do not want to miss the good show, they had to arrive early!

"Will I be dressed up as a man?" Xiao Hua asked, obediently standing still with arms raised at her sides like a scarecrow, letting them do whatever they want.

Fortunately they did not strip her own to her baby suit, leaving her with a thin white robe as the base. 

"Master have prepared an identity for Miss Bai. Miss just needs to follow the behaviour of this identity," An Jing replied.

An Jing and the rest might be acting the same way towards Xiao Hua, but she could feel a certain distance between them after they knew of her adoption. She knew she had to follow etiquette, but her heart slowly became heavier at each encounter.

Is this how a person feels when one gains power and lose genuine relationships?

"Sister An Jing, I know that right now I'm Doctor Bai's adopted daughter, but I don't want our relationship to change. Could you and everyone...continue calling me as your sister?" 

To Xiao Hua, they were just like her own sisters, her new family in this new world. They unselfishly helped her to gain her footing, without expecting anything in return. Even if they treated her well as a facade to maintain the peace in the Third Prince's manor, she was still touched by them. How could she remain indifferent from their kindness?

The two younger inner maids naturally wants to interact with Xiao Hua as they normally do, but it would also depend on how the elder sisters of the inner maids. An Jing's command was second to their master. 

That pair of peach shaped eyes filled with hope and sadness soften An Jing's face. She could ignore the meaningful glances from Tian Chi and Tian Zi, but not Xiao Hua, who had at an unknown moment, managed to capture a soft spot in her heart.

An Wan does not care about Xiao Hua's sudden rose in position because they were not that close to begin with. 

As for Duan XiYing, she never cared about status and continue calling her Xiao Hua in a sweet, sticky manner. 

With an endearing smile, An Jing said softly, "If Miss Bai does not mind us being impolite, we will be happy to call you as our sister."

As if their mouth finally unzipped, Tian Chi and Tian Zi sweetly called, "Sister Xiao Hua!"

Xiao Hua giggled, her joy could be seen clearly from her honest expression and the rise of her voice. "Sisters!"

Even if An Wan does not care originally, her face still soften from Xiao Hua's joyful relief. She lifted the first layer of robe and wear it on Xiao Hua to stop the sickening sweet atmosphere.