Vol 7 Chap 217 - White lilies, the norm for funeral flower

XH 217 - White lilies, the norm for funeral flower

"You want me to persuade your brother not to kill the Second Prince?"

What a scary request! Σ(°△°|||)︴

Long Lian's expression was full of awkwardness. "Everyone hated second brother, especially third brother. I...I am afraid of such third brother that would hate second brother so much that he wished him dead by torture."

Xiao Hua naturally could not tell Long Lian that the Third Prince's anger towards the hero was completely justified. Only a saint or a person without power to go against fate would learn to forgive their murderer when they were given a chance to travel back in time.

However, the Third Prince currently has more power than the hero and certainly would not choose to forgive him. 

"Long Lian, the Third Prince has his own reasons to hate the Second Prince. I can't tell you why, but it's enough to kill the Second Prince again and again."

That was certainly how cannon fodders felt when the world's favorite son or daughter destroyed their life, especially when the cannon fodder Third Prince was innocent! The only reason why he was killed was because of his father! 

"Another secret?" Long Lian was fed up with all this secret nonsense! 

Xiao Hua grimaced, unable to appease the princess' anger that was clearly expressed from her tone. "...Long Lian, what would you do if the Second Prince… successfully killed all your family?"

Xiao Hua could hear Long Lian's draw in a deep breath. The long pause afterward was nerve-wracking, not knowing if Long Lian had thought about it before and chose to still forgive the Second Prince, or she had not thought about it and got a shock of her life to imagine another path of possibility.

"Impossible." Long Lian finally spoke, her tone revealed her weariness yet her belief did not waver. "Second brother would never kill us."

Pushing down the bubble of irritation since she knew the hero would kill them if given a chance, Xiao Hua straightens her back, her sightless eyes stared straight at Long Lian's direction.

"Don't be foolish," Xiao Hua said sadly, holding back her snappish tone. "He is not the only one to make the decision whether to let you all live or not. Remember Liu Chu Chu? She certainly won't let you all go so long as you all have the royal blood. To her, you all are a threat to their goal."

"She is just the second brother's wife. Such matters should never allow her opinion to interfere!"

Xiao Hua sighed. "Even if she's not allowed to on the surface, that's not the case with how lovesick your brother is. He would seek even the stars if his wife asked for it. That's how crazy in love he is."

Long Lian certainly knows how crazy in love her second brother was towards Liu Chu Chu, to even blindly support her to get his own sister to marry the so-called 'bloodthirsty King'. 

"Even if you forgive your second brother, that might not be the case for your brothers. They will seek revenge for their dead parents and hate the Second Prince for being ungrateful. In their eyes, his achievements are all thanks to the Emperor's help."

"Father Emperor had never helped the second brother when he fought in wars. He won every war with his own strength!"

Xiao Hua laughed at how defensive and proud Long Lian was towards the hero. Xiao Hua pushed her thoughts of 'golden finger', 'world's favorite' and 'pitiful background but wonderful luck ahead' away.

"Long Lian, if the Second Prince is to be spared, what will you do if he once again seeks to kill you and your family?"

"He won't be."