Vol 8 Chap 263 - Doctor Bai swiftly nips the bud

XH 263 - Doctor Bai swiftly nips the bud

"Have the attires and accessories been safely delivered to the manor?"

"Yes, and they are not damaged in any way. Eunuch Lau Liu had overseen the entire process."

"Is the carriage finished its last revision?"

"A bit more, but it will be done and ready before that day."

"Our return day is still uncertain, but the day we had chosen is the wedding date."

"Got it."

"The kitchen-"

"Oi third brother, you already went through all these for the third time! Have mercy for me!" Heise finally snapped in annoyance. 

Heise originally thought he should be patient and let Long Zhu ease his growing nervousness by picking at every detail over his wedding preparation. It was not harmful and will help avoid any little mistakes during the ceremony.

Unfortunately, Heise had severely underestimated his own patience. Or how picky Long Zhu could be.

"... I will be leaving now." Long Zhu did not get angry at his eighth brother's outburst, for he himself knew what he was like during these days.

Even his Mother Empress that doted on him and always had a bright smile whenever he visited her had lately been pretending to be busy and declined meeting him.

"Go, go." Heise waved his hand to shoo Long Zhu away. "Hurry and go or Xiao Hua will think you had chicken out."

Today was Xiao Hua's sixteenth birthday and a bit more than the promised two years’ time. After all, Bai Chuan was stringent over the fact that Xiao Hua can only marry after she passed her sixteenth birthday and became a proper adult. 

Although the four modern thinking people do not agree about a sixteen-year-old getting married, they could not protest against it, when the concerned parties wished for it. 

Even if Xiao Hua agreed that sixteen years old was indeed too young to marry, she reasoned that she wanted to experience married life soon and spend more time with Long Zhu. She does not want to waste time by playing hard to get and risk hurting each other due to the childish game.

Not when she was sure he loves her, just as she loves him.

Two years apart does not make their love any weaker but also allowed them to learn to value their feelings.

"Imperial grandfather will be going with me. Imperial father and Prince Heng will be here if Gu Dan decides to do anything."

"Don't plant flags around!" Heise roared sensitively and smacked the table, which fortunately was sturdy enough to withstand the latest abuse from its owner.

Unfazed by Heise's outburst, Long Zhu focused on the unknown word instead. "What do you mean by planting flags?" He doubts it was the same act of replacing their enemies' flag with theirs after conquering the enemy's base. 

"...Nothing. Just go and pick up Xiao Hua. I will deal with the stuff here." 

Planting flags, originally known as raising flags, was more of japanese otome game culture, and Heise was not too well versed in it to explain correctly. He himself was not sure if he had used the term correctly, despite being fond of using it to keep himself up to date with his readers in the comment section of his novel.

"The dowry-"

"If you do not leave now, I will make sure to tell Xiao Hua you have a long line of eager women, clinging onto hope that you will marry them once you supposingly come back to your senses!" Heise gritted his teeth threateningly.