Vol 7 Chap 216 - I don't want to see another brother of mine to die

XH 216 - I don't want to see another brother of mine to die

Two days have passed since Long Shan’s attempt to take over the throne by force. The Empress stayed in bed to recover, leaving everything in her sons' hands to deal with. Long Lian's damaged nerves could only wait for Doctor Bai's aid when he returned. Long Zhu can only ease her pain and reduce her muscle inflammations. 

"Where did Bai Chuan go?" The 19th Emperor asked his favorite grandson, who he had finally able to rope him to help out in sorting the documents. 

Long Zhu took this chance to secretly pull out the roots that took part with Long Shan's rebellion party. The 19th Emperor knew what his grandson was doing, but he closed his eyes and pretended to know nothing. 

Even if Long Yuen felt that ordering all the He and Su family members to be killed was too excessive, it was something that previous dictators had done to clean out the rotten roots. The dead bodies were burned this morning, polluting the air with smoke and the smell of burned flesh. The protest of their death was silenced after the palace revealed they had worked with the enemies to harm the royal family and attempted to steal the throne.

Long Zhu had also released the news of Long Shan that has no blood relation to the royal family, adding another heavy crime on the He and Su family for lying to the Emperor and pretended to be royalty. Any thoughts of saving the 20th Emperor's face for wearing a green hat were not considered when Long Zhu aimed to crush Long Shan's reputation completely.

"Those imperial physicians could not discover much from Long Qian's body," The 19th Emperor sighed tiredly.

The deceased Crown Prince, Long Qian, was sent to have his body checked to discover what happened to him that caused him to suddenly go insane. The doctors found that his blood vessel exploded from a strong reaction towards something they had yet to find out. It also brings hallucinations, which explained why he had viewed the Empress as a monster. It was also diagnosed that he had suffered those injuries before his death and even if the 20th Emperor did not kill him, he could not be cured as his mind was already insane with a body that was damaged severely. 

Doctor Bai might be the only one able to discover what really happened to Long Qian.

"Teacher went to the South Guilin Village to pick up something."

The 19th Emperor's hand that was writing stilled. "Do you mean, that ginseng?"

"As far as I know, that is the only valuable thing that the Teacher had left there."

The 19th Emperor's expression changed a few times before it calmed down. That thousand year old ginseng was Bai Chuan's most precious item, treating it just like his own flesh and blood. For him to still hold a grudge on Duan XiYing for more than ten years just for her single, failed attempt to steal it, it spoke just how important the ginseng was to him.

"We may not know how or what, but Duke Heng informed me who caused it." Long Zhu had received Duke Heng's letter, and inside it was written the prisoner's confession. Liu Chu Chu planned to drug the Crown Prince and borrowed his hand to kill the Empress. 

"Don't we all know it’s that ingrate?" Long Yuen scoffed.

"It's actually Liu Chu Chu's plan. This plan is likely aimed to pull off the eldest brother and mother Empress at the same time."

"How wicked. What are your plans for that ingrate?"

"Pry out everything he knows before disposing of him."

The 19th Emperor had no objection towards Long Zhu's decision. The 20th Emperor was still unconscious, mostly due to his injuries and mental trauma of being betrayed. The doctors could not answer when he will wake up, as it can only depend on how strong his will to live.