Vol 7 Chap 234 - I've defiled you!

A/N: The NSFW part is removed and only available at my patreon page! My benefactors, I've sent you an email. Tell me if you fail to receive it!

XH 234 - I've defiled you!

"Prime Minister Shen is dead?"

Duke Heng had just returned to Guilin and immediately entered the palace to meet the Third Prince. His robes were wrinkled from the long carriage ride and his face did not look much better, exhausted.

"His dead body is found in his secret residence. There was no one in there other than him and my man in that residence. My spy had reported Prime Minister Shen often met up with Liu Chu Chu in that residence before her marriage." 

So Prime Minister Shen should only be dead after the wedding. 

Duke Heng was busy and did not have time to keep in touch with his spy after bringing Miss Wan and her family to hide in the countryside.

It was already too late when he realized his spy had not reported back for quite a while and later found dead in Prime Minister Shen's secret residence. His true alliance must have been discovered as there were signs of heavy torture on his body. As for why the spy was discovered in Prime Minister Shen's secret house, Duke Heng could only guess that his spy managed to escape despite being severely injured. He must have noticed he was being followed and did not dare to lead them to Duke Heng's residence. 

Likely because of that, his spy purposely went to Prime Minister Shen's secret house and put the blame on another. His plan to create trouble between them must have succeeded since Prime Minister Shen died.

Duke Heng had lost a loyal man in exchange for it.

"I can waaaaaaaalk!" The grave atmosphere was immediately destroyed by a loud, familiar female voice. 

Long Zhu immediately recognized the owner of the voice and went to open the door. 

It was the first time in a long time that Da Bei acted his age. As if he was having fun, he slowly skips in a weird way as he moved closer to where Long Zhu's smell was the strongest. Xiao Hua was seated on the snow wolf and forced to cling onto Da Bei's neck, her face nearly covered from sight by the white thick fur.

Da Bei's fun was cut off when Long Zhu stretched out and grabbed Xiao Hua away. He winced when Xiao Hua accidentally ripped off a fistful of his fur.

"What game are you playing?" Long Zhu was pleased to see Xiao Hua had cheered up, but his heart felt uncomfortable seeing her sticking her body onto Da Bei's.

"You are Long Zhu!" Xiao Hua cheered confidently as she patted his arm.

Long Zhu: '...' Who had fed her wine?

"Duke Heng, we shall speak again another day." It would be best not to let anyone witness her embarrassing herself, or she would get depressed once she sober up.

Duke Heng had heard that Xiao Hua went blind, but it was still an unexpecting sight. He felt it was a pity for a young girl like her to lose something this important when her future was still long to go. 

"I will need to handle things to have time to attend Doctor Shen's funeral the day after tomorrow," Duke Heng informed. He will use that time to inquire more about the late Prime Minister Shen, who was distantly related to Doctor Shen.

"Can...Can I go too?" Xiao Hua asked as she clutched onto Long Zhu's robe with her hand that still has some remains of Da Bei's fur.

Duke Heng eyed Long Zhu, who took some time before replying. "I will accompany you."