Vol 9 Chap 287 - Not difficult my ass!

XH 287 - Not difficult my ass!

The moment Bai Chuan stepped onto the soil of the nameless village, his system let out a high pitch electronic beep that managed to sound excited.

"Host, we have new information! The four celestial beasts have gathered and recovered their strength and met a requirement's achievement! It's about the location of the gate!"

"... Don't you think that the information came too late?" Doctor Bai smiled sweetly but his anger radiated from his body like his background effect.

"It's useless information," Yu Zheng agreed. "We have more information than that in our hands. Bai Chuan, your system is getting useless… so let's get rid of it? I alone is enough by your side."

"Host! Don't forget our deep brotherhood relationship!" The rubik cube cried as it flashed red lights in panic. 

"I won't be able to return if you are destroyed, system," Doctor Bai appeased. "But should the higher ups not compensate for the useless information I receive?"

"I...I will ask?" The Rubik cube inquired.

"You do that," Doctor Bai said casually and then glanced over his shoulder at Jing Ke who was silently looking around with a worried Yang Ling that had already drawn out his bow beside him.

Advisor Yang had originally forbid his son from joining the fight with the demons, but Yang Ling insisted on going after knowing Jing Ke would be going too.

In the end, it was Heise that commanded Yang Ling to join the battle and assign him to be Jing Ke's assistant. Heise's reason was they were lacking strong fighters in the battlefield, so Yang Ling would be a good addition. 

The Fourth Prince, 20th Emperor and the Empress Dowager will stay behind at Guilin to guard the Kingdom. The 20th Emperor had finally woken up, but was still in bed rest, looking thin and weak. 

As the only person with the teleportation skill and had locked down the location of Gu Dan base, Heise ended up joining Xiao Hua's looting team. 

"I would have thought the reason you joined me is because you want to blow up something," Xiao Hua commented offhandedly as she speedily brewed more tea to be kept in her spatial storage. "If not because we need your teleportation skill..." 

But she was actually very happy that Heise will be coming along, because the bombing task will be given to him. He was the one that wanted to bomb the place, so let him do it!

"I will join the others after we are done with the enemy base. We need to be quick." To reseal the gate, Heise needed to be there as well. The other vessels went to the nameless village first to delay the demons while the monks finished ferrying the ancient monk's soul tied to the Gate.

"Hopefully it will go smoothly," Xiao Hua prayed. 

Heise scrowled. "If only we have more time, I can try to create some bombs with firework effects and guns. Then the bombing will be quick and easy."

Xiao Hua: What? (⊙_⊙)

"You know how to make guns?! And bombs?!"

"Not me, but a member of my martial arts club. He’s rich, crazy about guns, but lucky for him, his grandfather indulged him. He brought plenty of guns, even antique ones and the last time I met him, he showed me a blueprint of a very simple gun. It does not look difficult to make."

Xiao Hua: Not difficult my ass! (╬ Ò﹏Ó)

Le XiaoTing always doubted the female leads from the transmigrated novels that were able to create guns. Unless they had previously worked in a firearms production company or an firearm enthusiastic, how could they easily make guns from scratch? They were living in modern times where the female leads only need to purchase guns.