Vol 6 Chap 192 - Blame Fifth Miss Liu as well

XH 192 - Blame Fifth Miss Liu as well

The prison of the Guilin Kingdom was full of activity in the early morning hours away until the sun rises. That place was also the only brightly lit building in the area.

Green smoke had covered a part of the prison building, accompanied by a strong smell of burnt flesh. The rescue team, wearing a face mask and gloves, trembled in fear but they must enter the prison to evacuate the injured guards and prisoners. 

In a simple attire, Doctor Bai and the Third Prince arrived just in time to witness the Minister of Justice passing sealed letters to a fast speed messenger for the Emperor and other involved ministers.

"Your Highness the Third Prince! Doctor Bai!" A thin man in his late fifties hurried to greet them, his forehead filled with sweat. "We apologize for asking your help in such an inappropriate time and manner."

"Do not worry about such small issues," Long Zhu calmed Lord Xiang, the right-hand man of Minister of Justice. "We will need to trouble you to guide Doctor Bai to the patients." 

"Not a bother. This way, please!" Lord Xiang walked in quick stride and added with his long legs, Doctor Bai and the Third Prince had to move fast to keep up with his speed. But they still managed to maintain their graceful look in that desperate speed walking. 

"Out of seven-eight prisoners, only twenty-four are affected by the poison. They are hallucinating, but fortunately, they did not behave violently. Their skin is quickly turning green, showing signs of airborne poison," Lord Xiang quickly reported and passed clean white face masks and gloves to them. "Please wear them to avoid being exposed to the poison."

Without complaining, the teacher and disciple wore them with familiarity and ease. 

"Bring me to the doctor in charge," Doctor Bai requested seriously. 

"Of course." 

Lord Xiang brought them to an open field where twenty-four poisoned prisoners were spread out, lying on the floor with few doctors and helpers tending to them. 

"Doctor Shen! I apologize, but please spare us a moment of your time. Doctor Bai is here to offer his help."

Doctor Shen turned his aged body towards them so quickly that they could hear faint sounds of bones creaking. "Doctor Bai! It's a pleasure! A real pleasure indeed!"

"Greetings, Doctor Shen. Could you give me your orders so that I could provide some help?" Doctor Bai requested politely. Even if he was known as a legendary doctor, he would always humbled himself before those that shared the same profession as him. 

Doctor Shen nodded. "Yes, we shall exchange pleasantries later, do let me. I may be the doctor in charge of these prisoners, but when it comes to poison and antidote, I can never compete with Doctor Bai. I will have to ask Honorable Doctor Bai to find the cure."

"I will do my best to create a cure. Before that, please tell me how you arrange the prisoners according to their treatment priority."

"Teacher, I will need to discuss some matter with Minister Qin," Long Zhu interrupted. "I will return to help after."

Doctor Bai nodded. "No need to hurry and discuss the matter properly. There are plenty of knowledgable doctors here to help everyone."

"Doctor Bai, the poison was spread after the prisoner exploded himself. Do you need to check his remains?" Lord Xiang asked.

"Not for now. It's a priority to stabilize the patients first before I can investigate the poison from the source itself." Doctor Bai's eyes flickered to a body covered with a white cloth on the other side to prevent them from hindering anyone.