Side Story Long Lian 3 - Drown their sorrows away

LL 3 - Drown their sorrows away

When Xiao Hua arrived at the meeting place, the two beauties were already half sprawled on the round table with wine bottles around them. They had already started drinking without waiting for her!

"Xiao Hua!" Long Lian greeted when Xiao Hua stepped into the pavilion. Da Bei, her bodyguard in the form of a snow wolf, waited right outside the pavilion. A butterfly landed on the top of his still head, fluttering its wing lightly but Da Bei did not do anything to make it go away.

"Long Lian, Miss Feng Jiu," Xiao Hua greeted and took an empty seat.

"Come, drink!" Long Loan pushed a wine bottle to Xiao Hua, ignoring the prepared empty cup.

"Er..." Xiao Hua was reluctant to accept the whole bottle but knew better than to decline it outright and get into an argument with a drunk person.

The war with demons had ended a week ago and everyone had more or less gotten back to their normal routine.

Except for the heartbroken Feng Jiu and Long Lian. With the war over, their heart once again reminded of their sorrows. Long Lian had noticed Feng Jiu getting depressed and suggested that to soothe their wounded heart, they will have a moonlight viewing accompanied by a sweet wine. For one night, they will drink to their heart's content and drown their sorrows away!

Feng Jiu had truly hidden it well about her feelings for Qiang Laohu and only spoke of it to Long Lian once when her guard was down. As the next heir to the throne of their kingdoms, Feng Jiu and Qiang Laohu could never be together. Both of them could not pass the position to their sibling or male relatives because they were the vessels of the celestial beasts.

Xiao Hua, the happily married woman among the trio, joined them because she was worried about them.

Feng Jiu still maintained her conduct and drink from her silver cup. She placed her cup down heavily, her cheeks flushed from the wine, looking very charming under the bright moonlight. "I had long known that Long Zhu had the thought of combining the Four Kingdoms."

Xiao Hua's eyes widened at what Feng Jiu said. She had known nothing about this. As for Long Lian? Her body was swaying around from the amount of alcohol she had drunk to properly process Feng Jiu's words.

Wiping the residual wine from her plump lips, Feng Jiu rested her head on her palm. "I secretly anticipate it, waiting patiently for Long Zhu to achieve his goal."

Then she could marry Qiang Laohu without worries.

Feng Jiu stared down at her half-full cup. "But he gave up on his plans." And she could not do anything but accept it.

She also knew that the Four Kingdoms must not be merged, or it will unbalance the four sources of power. Even the celestial beasts had warned them.

"... Sorry," Xiao Hua apologized. She knows that her apology would not change anything, but she just has the strong feeling to apologize for seeing Feng Jiu being this depressed.

Shaking her head like a tired traveler, Feng Jiu gulped down the remaining wine from her cup and refilled it. "I had already prepared my heart for our separation long ago."

"But it never makes it easier..." Xiao Hua sighed softly.

"He... is very determined to cut it off." Staring down at the wine that reflected a small part of the moonlight, Feng Jiu continued with a soft voice. "He will be marrying his distant cousin from his maternal side soon."

Xiao Hua gaped, not knowing whether to fulfill her duty of sisterhood and help Feng Jiu curse Qiang Laohu until his pants drop or to comfort her that a way better guy will be waiting for her in the future.