Chapter 47

Zain's POV

"No... Kai hold up." Mia says getting up following him out. I sigh sitting back and look at the menu ordering.

Mia returns after 10 minutes and sits down. I was annoyed that Kai was not being Kai. He was usually very forgiving and understanding.

"Thanks." I say as the waitress puts my food down. "I'm so hungry."

"You're so annoying." Mia says to me and I look at her. She was chilling with my brothers and I was annoying? Letting Kai kiss her and shit to piss me off. Mia throws her hair behind her shoulder and looks at me. She had on a tiny dress. Cleavage showing and all. I was bothered that she was hanging out with my brothers like this. I knew Kai and her were like family but I was just bothered about tbe whole thing especially because shes taking his side.

"I'm not in the mood Mia." I say and she stares at me. I could feel her eyes on me as I ate my pasta.

"You're ruining my mood." She says. "You act like you're so unbothered but you know you did Kai wrong. Hes always there for you and when he needed you the most after his girlfriend died you left him to drown. Just like you did with me when I was laying in that hopital bed dying." She says getting up. She grabs her phone walking off.

I sigh rubbing my eyes as I watched her leave. My eyes falling on the guys in the restaurant that watched Mia walk out. She was so beautiful. Picture perfect. I did not even blame them for looking.

I leave paying and drive home. I have not been home in a while. Usually sneak in late some days and leave early for work.

I guess Mia was right. I am a horrible unreliable person. I would do anything for Kai. Emotinal support or seeing my people suffer I just couldn't handle.

I walk into the kitchen seeing Kai sitting there with his foot on the chair as he was picking on his tag with a knife.

"Don't electrocute yourself." I tell him and he just ignores me.

"So how long you gonna stay mad at me?" I ask him and he ignores me again. I missed my brother. Kai was literally my best friend we did everything together.

"I'm sorry." I say and he looks at me and sits back in his chair. "For?"

"For whatever you want me to apologize for? You were pissed at me- I thought I'd give you space..."

"Its always about you right Zain."

"Yes im a selfish person. Worst brother ever."

"You actually are." Kai says rolling his eyes. "Come on forgive me. I wanna be cool again?"

"No because I always do this. Im like yeah whatever be a douche and you just continue being a douche."

"What you want from me?" I ask him

"All this time not even a text to say yo you good?"

"I thought you hated me?" I say shrugging. "I kept asking everyone else?" I say.

"You know id kill for you."

"Yeah because youre a lowkey psychopath." He says and I laugh.

"Hows the case?"

"Still on trial for murder." He says sighing. "I'm not worried because there is no way they can put me in prison for murdering my girlfriend when I did not do it."

"Such pigs." I sigh rubbing my eyes. "Regardless- I will be more present for my baby brother." I say squeezing his cheeks. "Whatever." He says smacking my hand away.