Chapter 13

As we walked out the restaurant I saw Omar, my dad's biological father walking into the restaurant .

"Omar." I say and he looks up and sees me. "Its grandad." He says laughing and I chuckle knowing I did it just to tease him- because my dad called him Omar and not dad. Surprisingly, I had a great relationship with my grandad where my father couldnt stand him. My dad had his own issues.

"How are you?" He asks

"Good..." I say remembering Eva next to me. "This is Eva- my girlfriend."

"Hi, Omar." He says shaking her hand. Friendly man.

"So you guys dont even wait?" Kai says popping out and I chuckle at him. "We were waiting here?"

"Mckai." Omar says putting his arm around him. "Oh hey granddad. How are you?"

"Good- how are you? I havent seen you since your game last season."

"We taking a break." He says and Omar nods.

"Hows college?" He asks us. My dad really did not speak to him at all because my other grandparents- my dads adoptive parents knew pretty much everything.

"Zain dropped out." Kai says and I roll my eyes.

"Really?" He asks and I nod. "Wasnt for me."

"So you got any plans."

"Nope. Just trying to figure it out." I say and he nods. "Take your time- your dad has money." He says and I chuckle.

"Come have dinner at mine soon with all the kids. I'll call your mom."

"Yeah dad usually doesnt answer huh?" I tease and he laughs. "Yeah your dads an asshole." He tells me patting my shoulder. "It was nice to meet you Eva. I'll see you boys later." He says before leaving.

"He kinda looks like you guys." Eva says as we cross the road getting to my car. She lets go of my hand as we get in.

"Nah a deal was a deal." Kai says. "You could control it on your way here and I could choose the way back."

"Fine." Eva says.  "But if theyre shit im gonna pinch you from the backseat."

"Control your girlfriend Zain." Kai says and Eva pinches him making me laugh.

"So Kai what happened to that girl you were dating?"

"Who?"

"You tell me?" She says and I chuckle. "Alissa." I say and Kai chuckles.

"No idea- I just dont think I'm the relationship kinda guy. Thats just Zain." He says

"Hes been in one relationship before this?" Eva laughs

"Im only 20?" I say rolling my eyes. What the hell did they expect.

"I ate sooo much food." Kai sighs. "You eat like there is no tomorrow." I tell him. "You're like Eva- you have one crazy appetite."

"I just like to eat ok?" She says. "Zain- drop me off home please. Natalia is going to be so pissed if I spend another night away."

"Where was she today? You guys usually joined by the hip?"

"Just like you and Zain." She says and Kai laughs. Me and Kai were pretty damn close. Practically twins. "She was chilling with Lauren and Vera."

"She went to that Bbq things Vera is doing?"

"Yeah. How did you know?" She asks. "She invited me." I say and Kai just looks at me and I focus back on the road. He knew about that silly game af that party where Vera kissed me- he also knew shr kissed me outside.