Chapter 23

Kai's POV

"I'm just not sure why I am here really?" I say

"Because... I told you already Mckai." Elsie says as she smiled at me. Not sure why I agreed to even be here. We stood outside the restaurant she chose as she came to my house and forced me to come witb her.

"But I just thought you wanted me to be here cos it would be awkward?"

"Mckai."

"Honestly its probably just you who remember me that my birth name is Mckai."

"Yes. Yes." She chuckles. "How do I look?"

"Is that a trick question to see if I still have a crush on you."

"Arent you like 20? Should you not be over it?"

"Come on, who could get over a girl like you." I say taking her hand twirling her around in her silk black dress that fell over her curves elegantly. She laughs at me and rolled her eyes. I probably have had a little crush since puberty kicked in.

I see Mike getting out the car followed by a pretty blonde next to him.

"Hey." Elsie says as they approach us.

"Hi babe." Mike says kissing Elsie's lips as he dramatically pulls her in. She giggled a little stepping back. "Hey Steph." She says hugging the girl.

This was a set up.

"Stephanie, Mike this is Mckai."

"Just Kai." I say sticking my hand out for both.

"Steph is Mike's cousin."

"Nice to meet you." I tell her and she smiles as we walk in. I hated Elsie. I drag her back a little.

"Why me? I can get my own girls?" I say and laughs at me.

"Yeah but I want to make a good impression so you better not mess this up. Also your brothers kinda sleeping with my sister. Joey aint here and you're single,"

"Ok Cupid."

I sigh sitting down next to Steph. Elsie was actually a clown for this. I thought she finally came to her senses and asked me out.

"You from here?" I ask Steph who nods. She came across as a little bit shy?

"Yep."she says. Mike and Elsie all into each other I looked at Elsie. Im gonna kill her. "You?"

"Born and raised." I say and she nods a alittle.

"What do you do?" I ask after we order food.

"I study at NYU."

"Everyone does." I say and she looks at me nodding a little. "I started this year."

"Im no longer a freshman this year." I say and she nods again. She was boring. I look at Elsie and she just smiles at me.

I needed to get myself out this situation. I was bored of watching Elsie and her man glued together and Steph picking her food.

I pick up my phone off the table and text Caleb to call me.

"Whats up." He says as I answer excusing myself.

"Come get me."

"From?"

"Bill's. Restaurant in Brooklyn." I say. "Youre lucky. Im in Brooklyn with Yomi."

"Well hurry up and save me from this double date Elsie set up."

"What?"

"Just hurry." I say hanging up walking back finishing my food.

"So hows Basketball." Mike asks me. "Season starting soon?"