Chapter 29

Zain's POV

"Did you guys have to knock on the door like that?" Mia asks Kai and I as we were knocking on Mariana's door while Kai was beat boxing.

"Yeah. Thats how she knows its us." I say and Kai laughs as Mariana opens screaming.

"See?" I say laughing as she hugged me jumping on me.

"Hey sis." I say as she lets go hugging Kai and then Mia.

"Surprise!" Kai says and I chuckle.

"We thought we would come spend the weekend with you. We havent seen your new place." Kai says as we walk into her apartment. It was nice. Huge.

"Travelling with you these two was exhausting..." mia says and I laugh poking her sides making her scream out because she was so ticklish.

"You guys are so sweet." Mariana says. I really did miss having her around. It was weird. Felt like when we were kids and Kai and I lived in Seattle and she lived in New York with dad.

"My apartment has 3 bedrooms." She says showing us around. I pick up the pictures on her fridge of Mariana and Kai in a photobooth at Elsie's wedding. I guess I was too drunk to even remember one.

"So this is my bedroom..." Mariana says smiling. "Oh its so you." I say seeing the pink everywhere.

"Its cute." Mia says as she looks at all the pictures Mariana had scattered over her wall.

"I love this picture wall."

"Cute right. Arianna helped me put it up."

"Arianna huh." I say and she smacks my chest. "How cute its basically you and Arianna." I say and I laugh.

"Anyway..." Mariana says. "Mariana and Arianna." I say laughing. "So you got the same names?"

"You shouldve left the dead jokes in New York." She says

"This picture is so cute." Mia says and I look at it. It was Mia on my back at I think Mariana's sweet16. We were all laughing as Mia was falling off my back.

"Yeah you should ditch this one." I say pointing at another picture of me and Kai as I had my arms around my ex Yasmin. This was really old.

"Oh Yasmin." Kai says laughing. Mia pulls the picture down and Mariana takes it from her.

"Wait, is that your birth mom?" Mia asks as she points at the picture of Meghan on the wall.

"Yeah. It is." Mariana says. "Oh my God. You look so much like her. No wonder you dont look nothing like these two." I look at the picture of Meghan smiling as she sat across someone at a restaurant. She looked exactly like Mariana. The blonde hair and dark green eyes nearly brown.

"This is hers too. I got this from aunt Mona." She says. "Mom doesnt know I had these.. neither does dad actually." She says as she points at the other ones. It was my dad sitting next to Meghan on the couch. He had his arm around her as he had a smile on his face.

Damn. Thats crazy how him and my mom were not always together.

The last picture was of Meghan who was pregnant. She stuck her tongue out as she held her belly. Mariana.

"These are beautiful pictures." Mia says. "Are you crying?" I ask her and she punches my arm. "No you idiot." She says

The picture wall was full of pictures of me and Mariana and Kai younger. It was full of pictures of Kairo being born and then Teddy.

It was full of Mariana and Kylie and a bunch of other kids. It also had all our uncles and aunts and cousins and family.

"This whole thing is beautiful." Mia tells Mariana. "And I look good in the pictures." She says and I chuckle.