Chapter 46

Kai's POV

"You think I'm fine with this?" My mom says.

"I am not sure what other options you have." My dad tells her.

"I'm sorry but I rather not. You're just doing tbis to piss me off. If I see Veronica near this house. I'm gonna lose it."

"This is not about you."

"Veronica isn't gonna come and save my kid." My mom says annoyed and I hear some shoving around happening.

"Fine. You do it."

"I did already you fucking asshole. I told you already who it was and where to find him."

"Yes and I told you thats Veronica's little brothers. Why don't you let her handle it."

"I don't give a fuck about your ex girlfriend and her stupid little brothers that are killing our kids and their friends."

"Let her handle it Desi. Your kid needs you." My dad says.

I sit down at the bottom of the stairs holding a tie in my hand. I wanted to go into the kitchen and tell my parents that I decided to stay home but they were too busy fighting.

Their voices were fading away. I rub my eyes and walk into the kitchen.

"I'm fine." I say and my dad looks at me. "We know." He says sighing.

"You not ready yet?" My mom asks and I shrug as I stood in my sweats and tshirt. "I don't want to go to the funeral."

"You sure?" My mom asks

"Mom! Teddy keeps ruining my stuff!" Kairo screams from upstairs. My mom walks out of the kitchen as they kept shouting.

"You should go." My dad says as I sit down. "Say goodbye. Pay your respects."

"You don't understand..." I mumble. "I just cant breathe."

"Believe it or not... I do..." He says. "When Mariana's birth mom died. I felt like I couldn't breathe without a heavy feeling on my chest pressing down." He says and I just look at him.

"Were you inlove with her?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Your mom will kill me if she hears me telling you this but yeah. Meghan was my first girlfriend from 13. We were on and off until I had Mariana. And she died. I was in a relationship with her when she died."

"Does this feeling go away?"

"It does. Sometimes it comes back crashing. Sometimes you have days but it becomes normal. You will be able to move on."

"You had mom..."

"Well your mom and I is a different story for another day." He chuckles.

"Hey." Zain says walking into the kitchen. He had his suit on. Tie on. Mia was probably in his bedroom who did it for him.

"You not going to take part?" Zain asks.

"I am." I say looking at my dad. Zain patts my shoulder and I run upstairs and get dressed. My mom peaks her head in and helps me with my tie.

"I am so tired." She mumbles. "Your brothers just spilled orange juice over the carpets."

"Sounds like Teddy." I say and she chuckles. "You look so handsome." She says smiling at me. "All grown. I wish I could save you from all the sadness and heartbreak in the world." She says

"Whoever they are I dont want you to kill them..." I say and she stares at me.

"I love you. You know that?" She asks. "And anyone who hurts my kid I want to hurt."