Chapter 40

Mia's POV

"Hey." My dad says walking into my bedroom.

"Hi?" I say looking at him. I was laying on my bed and was looking through my phone.

"You good? I haven't seen you come out of your bedroom in the last two days."

"Well. I have been tired." I say and he nods a little. "You want to come down for dinner? Joey's leaving tonight. Elsie and Mike are here."

"No thanks. I don't wanna hear Joey talk about Zain and how bad he is for me."

"Well I saw Zain yesterday and his face had scratches and you even popped him in the eye. Its a little bit black." He says. "So maybe you're not too good for Zain either." He chuckles.

"Yeah. That shit is over anyway." I say sitting up. He made me feel so shit about myself in seconds. Like, I could not even think about what he was saying to me without me feeling like crap all over again.

"Come on. Lets go eat." He says and I sigh getting out of bed. "Was his face really that bad?"

"Well.." he says. "Putting your hands on someone you love is one thing I don't think I've taught you. I've never done that." He says. "And I don't think you should. Your anger really controls you Mia."

"Why do you always defend Zain? Like I'm your kid?"

"I dont and if the shit was reversed... and you looked like that trust me I wouldn't even be here talking to you."

"I know its fucked up..." I mumble feeling tears coming down my cheek. Liam sighs hugging me and just pats my back.

"I wanna go back to simpler days. Us just friends..." I cry. "No drama. No heartbreak."

"You'll be fine don't worry. With or without Zain." He says and I wipe my tears before going down stairs.

"Hey sunshine." Sofia says as I sit down next to her. She puts her arm around me and I hug her back. "Hey. Did you cook?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She says smiling at me. I see Elsie rolling her eyes. "Hey Mike." I say and Mike smiles at me.

"How are you doing?" He asks

"Good and you?"

"Blink twice if Elsie is driving you nuts Mike." Joey says and Mike laughs. "Oh never." He says nudging Elsie who just chuckles.

"Can't believe youre leaving so soon." Elsie says to Joey. "Well. I do have classes to go back to." He says. "It was nice being home though. Always dramatic being here."

"Oh please youre the drama." Elsie tells him. "But it was nice meeting Sofia too." He says.

"Did you hear from grandma?" Elsie asks my dad.

"I have not spoken to her since I was 13." He says. "Right after you were conceived actually." He laughs and Elsie rolled her eyes.

"So... any news about Ivy?"

"Yeah. Well I seen her parents and they said she is already aware that she was accidentally swapped for a dead baby in the hospital. She just did not know she was a triplet."

"Cant believe you guys are triplets. Not twins."

"Weird." Joey says

"You had sex unprotected and boom triplets." I say and my dad laughs at me. "Crazy."

"So tell us about Ivy."

"Ivy is named Paris. She was switched remember?" He says.

"Oh." I say